PGC NEWSLETTER 2ND AUG, 2014
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“THE MOST POWERFUL THING IN LIFE... IS OUR THINKING, WHICH
HAS ABILITY TO CHANGE ANY SITUATION"
· MCA Circular No. 33/2014, Clarification with regard to applicability of provisions of section
139 (5) and 139 (7) of the Company Act, 2013, which deal with appointment of auditors by
Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), to 'deemed Government Companies'
referred to in section 619(B) of the Company Act 1956 (Old Act).
· Before the adjudicating officer securities and exchange board of India adjudication order no.
AK/AO-133/2014, under section 15-I of Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read
with Rule- 5 of SEBI (PROCEDURE FOR HOLDING INQUIRY AND IMPOSING PENALTIES
BY ADJUDICATING OFFICER) Rules, 1995.
· SEBI -Securities and Exchange Board of India and securities market regulators of 27 member
States of the European Union ("EU") / European Economic Authority ("EEA") signed bilateral
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) concerning consultation, cooperation and the
exchange of information related to the supervision of the Alternative Investment Fund
· SEBI CIR/CFD/DIL/4/2014- Monitoring of Compliance by Stock Exchanges.
· A proposal of air carrier Indigo’s holding company, InterGlobe Aviation, to reclassify the
equity stake held by promoter Rakesh Gangwal through Caelum Investments, has been
approved. With this, the company can have access to fresh foreign direct investment (FDI).
RBI/TAX LAW UPDATES
· RBI/2014-15/156 DNBS (PD).CC.No.402/03.10.42/2014-15, Know Your Customer (KYC)
norms/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) standards/Combating of Financing of Terrorism (CFT)
Unique Customer Identification Code for NBFC Customers in India (UCIC).
· RBI/2014-15/157 DNBS (PD).CC.No.403 /03.10.42 /2014-15, Anti-Money Laundering
(AML)/Combating of Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Standards.
Historical Events on 2nd August
· 1989 - NASA CONFIRMED VOYAGER 2'S DISCOVERY OF 3 MORE MOONS OF
NEPTUNE DESIGNATED TEMPORARILY 1989 N2, 1989 N3 & 1989 N24
25,480.0 - 414.13
7,602.60 - 118.70
61.17 - 0.61
28,123.0 - 305.0
MCX CRUDE OIL
5,983.0 - 0.38
Dow Jones Industrial
16,493.0 - 70
4,353.0 - 17