PGC NEWSLETTER 1st Aug 2014
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“POSITIVE ATTITUDE, FAITH, VISION, DESIRE, GOALS, ALL THIS IS EXTREMELY
IMPORTANT, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT ACTION."
· Finance bill 2014 Final was presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 10th July
2014. The bill got approval of Lok Sabha on 25th July 2014 with some amendments.
Now Rajya Sabha has cleared the Finance Bill 2014 on 31st July 2014
· World Trade Organization (WTO) failed to reach a consensus on the Trade Facilitation
Agreement (TFA), aimed at easing customs rules globally, as India stood firm on its
stand of having a parallel pact on food stockpiling and agriculture subsidies.
· NTPC, the largest thermal power producer in the country, registered a decline of 13 per
cent in profit, owing to new tariff regulation.
· Maruti Suzuki India, the country’s largest car maker, reported a 20.7 per cent increase in
net profit at Rs 762 crore for the financial year’s first quarter ended June.
· Tata Motors Ltd will launch a passenger car this month, its first new offering in four
years, in a bid to regain market share and plug losses in its domestic business, which was
also hard hit by the slowing economy.
RBI/TAX LAW UPDATES
· RBI/2014-15/155 UBD. BPD (AD). Cir.No.1/14.01.062/2014-15, Anti-Money Laundering
AML)/Combating of Financing of Terrorism (CFT) – Standards – Primary (Urban) Co-
· Having regard to the huge number of Income tax returns being filled at the last
movement, Income tax Department should extend the Due Date for filing of income tax
to August 5, 2014.
Historical Events on 1st August
· 1996 - M2, MTV's second TV channel is launched
7,677.20 - 44.10
60.82 - 0.26
44,370.0 - 0.07
27,815.0 - 3.00
MCX CRUDE OIL
5,987.0 - 0.32
Dow Jones Industrial
4,370.0 - 93