1. Right-Click• Split: enables you to apply different effects to a single clip• Add Comment Marker: add internal comments to clips that will not show up in your video--great for collaborating on videos!• Freeze Frame: to freeze a clip at a specified location for a set amount of time
2. Inspector Button (gear icon)• Clip Adjustments • Add video effects • Change the speed and/or direction• Video Adjustments • Change color levels• Rotating, Cropping, Ken Burns-ing • Note: the Ken Burns effect is usually applied to still images only (pictures or freeze frames)
3. Clip Drop-Down(one-step special effects)• Instant replay: select a segment of your clip to replay in slow motion• Rewind: select a segment of your clip to quickly rewind• Fade to b&w, sepia or dream (or any other Video Effect)• Special Effect
4. Advanced Tools• iMovie > Preferences > Show Advanced Tools• Drag and drop a clip from your Events library over a clip in your Project window • Cutaway: quickly cuts away to another clip • Picture in Picture: places a small window in the upper right corner that plays another clip • Side by side: play two clips simultaneously • Green/blue screen: if your original footage is filmed in front of a green or blue screen, you can “cut out” that footage and set it against any background
Audio Effects1. Raw audio from your video clip(s)2. Voiceover recordings via iMovie or other device3. Music and Sound Effects (sound effects, iTunes, Garageband)
1. Audio from your Video Clip• Audio Adjustments (inspector button): • Ducking: if you have multiple audio tracks, send tracks to the foreground/background • Fade in/out: make audio transitions smoother between clips • Reduce Background Noise• Clip Adjustments (inspector button): • Audio Effects• Detaching Audio (right-click on the Project clip ): • Enables you to move, split and edit the raw audio
2. Recording Voiceover• Click the Microphone Button• Adjust your Voiceover settings• Click the clip where you want to begin• Delete, move, re-record, edit
3. Music and Sound Effects• iLife and iMovie sound effects• GarageBand audio you’ve created• iTunes music • 30 seconds or less--here’s why
Macaulay Equipment• Digital audio recorders and other A/V devices are available for MHC student projects.• Go to http://macaulay.cuny.edu/community/doit/av- request-form/ to fill out the A/V form.
More iMovie Resources• iMovie ‘ll features at http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie/• Apple’s how-to’s at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/• iMovie video tutorials at http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/jkijowski/resources/imovie- tutorials/• Modifying images at http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/brooklynitfs/2012/07/25/how -to-modify-your-images/• Email me at email@example.com if you have more questions!