1. Project Two – Power point Instruction
1. Start the PowerPoint 2007 program. It will open a blank power point slide automatically.
2. Click on Design. You can choose the theme for your slides design, change background color, or
adjust page setup.
3. In the first slide, add the “Title” and “Subtitle” for your project. Also, use the Home Font or
Paragraph tools to adjust your text.
4. After the title page, go to Home New Slide to add the next slide. There are several types of
slides (two content, title and text, blank, picture with caption, etc), choose the one that fits
your design best.
2. 5. In the new slide, use Insert Text Box to add a new verbal content on your slide.
6. Select the text box and use Home Quick Styles to create a color background/frame. Then use
Drawing Tool Format Shape Styles to adjust the color or design.
3. 7. Use Insert Picture to add a new picture on your slide. Select the picture from your local
computer folder. You can drag the picture to the desired location by mouse or adjust the size
with its bounding box as well.
8. Select the picture, then use the Picture tool Picture Styles to create different styles for your
9. Use Insert Shape to add a new Shape on your slide. There are various shapes on the list.
Select the one you desired then go back to the slide and click the mouse left button. The Shape
will be shown on your slide. You can adjust the size with its bounding box.
4. 10. Select the shape, go to Drawing Tools Format. If you need to change the shape, use Edit
Shape Change Shape. Or use Shape Style to redesign the shape color and add effect for the
11. To create a dialog. Create the shape first, and then use Insert Text Box. Click the left mouse
button on the shape and then you can type the text you need.
5. 12. To change the text inside the textbox, you can go to Home Font for adjusting size, color or
font of the text. Or you can use Drawing Tools Format WordArt Styles for further adjusting.
13. Create Hyperlinks. Select the text or image you want to create a hyperlink for and then go to
Insert Hyperlinks. In the Address section, type in the website address. For instance,
6. For Project 2 you will be creating a PowerPoint project that includes the following:
Work with your group members Please be courteous and contributive
to your group members
Topic of your group choice, although it must be instructional
Do not use bullet lists
Include at least four web-links to supporting resources
Include use of the drawing tools Circles, Arrows, Lines, Callouts, Etc.
Include as many visuals as you can to support your instruction
All text must be in narrative (complete sentences) format
Link your project to appropriate Colorado State K-12 Content (indicate which standard(s) fit your
Include follow-up activities for your students
Week of 3/24 Determine topic with your group members
Week of 3/31 Instructions will be posted on importing graphics, using drawing tools, and
Week of 4/7 Examples of projects will be posted.
Week of 4/14, 4/21 Work on your group projects.
Week of 4/28 Due date
10-15 slides 5 points
Graphics and drawing tools used 3 points
Hyperlinks used 2 points
Narrative style text 3 points
Links to Colorado Standards 2 points
Instruction is well designed 3 points
Follow-up activities 2 points
Total 20 points