They have a very short attention span.They love large images. (Think mobile Facebook or Pinterest feed) Watches a lot of short video clips. (Vimeo & YouTube)Will not read long winded headlines, descriptions or captions.Slow-loading website will be abandoned. (5 seconds is the average cutoff)Can make buying decision research from anywhere, anytime.Highly influenced by online and social trends.
Within the realm of visual content, there are a ton of different forms you can use. With videos you can create explainer videos, interviews, product demos, behind the scenes tours and how-to's. With images you can create infographics, memes, SlideShare presentations, comics, animated GIFs and more! We love visual content because it is fun to create and people love to share it for us.
Your content should not look like textbooks when opened. Be sure to focus on "scanability" and how it looks on mobile devices because many times they will only briefly scan through your content.
Content must be mapped to business objectives – whether you are simply looking to position yourself as a thought leader or you are looking to drive more tangible results, your content strategy must support your business objectives so that you are driving results that will have an impact on your organization.
Content must be appealing – If your content isn’t interesting, engaging, useful or appealing to your audience, they won’t care. They won’t read it; they won’t share it; they won’t act on it. It will just be more noise.
Content should include specific ‘Calls to Action’ – Whether the “Calls to Action” are focused on sharing the content or asking the audience to provide you with information in exchange for the content or lead to an immediate sales opportunity, CTAs are critical to measuring the results of your content marketing efforts. If you have a benchmark like State Farm did, you can measure against that.
1. Michael PranikoffGlobal Director,Emerging MediaPR Newswirehttp://firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter / @mpranikoff
2. PR Newswire is the global leaderin innovative communicationsand marketing services,enabling organizations toconnect and engage with theirtarget audiences worldwide
3. PR NEWSWIRE’SCONTENTDISTRIBUTIONNETWORK250+ MOBILEPARTNERSHIPSSOCIAL MEDIAPRN’s social feeds +social sharing buttonsGLOBAL NETWORK OF9,000+ ONLINE NEWSSITESAUTOMATIC POSTINGTO OWNED MEDIAINFRASTRUCTUREPRNEWSWIRE.COMAverages 1.5+ Million monthlyunique visitors, with industry-leadingsearch visibility200,000+ GLOBALMEDIA OUTLETSBROADCAST +ONLINE VIDEODISTRIBUTIONTARGETED DISTRIBUTIONFind relevant influencers byIndustry, region and/or topicPRN’s MEDIA SITEFor registered journalists& bloggers from 27,000+Media OutletsContent Amplification Through Our Syndication Network
4. We have thedistribution &syndicationnetwork toAMPLIFY yourcontent.Our products &services help youcontinuallyENGAGE yourtarget audiences.We have theresources tomake yourcontent moreVISIBLE.
5. Growth = OpportunityMobile Growth has outpaced desktop web growth 8XSmartphone sales passed PC Sales in 2012PC100M+DesktopInternet1B+MobileConsumer10B+Source: Morgan Stanley
6. http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/visualizing-friendships/469716398919Mobile Internet Traffic18% USA25%Asia30% Africa
7. Multi-platform Consumption Is Today’s New Reality.1 in 3 minutes spentonline is now spentbeyond the PC.
8. 37% of ALL Media Consumption in theUS was via a Mobile Device in 2012
9. TV No Longer CommandsOur AttentionSource: Google The New Multiscreen World – August 2012
10. 77% of TV Viewers UseAnother Device at thesame time in a typical daySource: Google The New Multiscreen World – August 2012
11. Source: Pocket Your Shop91% Of Adults Have TheirPhone Within Arms Reach 24/7
12. Time &LocationImpactwhat we dowith ourmobiledevices
13. 3 Out Of 5Searches AreDone ViaMobile DevicesToday
14. 14%African Americans are less likelyto own tablets devices thanCaucasians….but
15. 56%African Americans are biggernews consumers on the devicesthan Caucasians
16. 24%Hispanics are just as likely asCaucasians to own a tablet
17. 37%Hispanics are just as likely asCaucasians to be daily newsconsumers on the device
18. 51%Hispanics are more likely thanCaucasians to own aSmartphone and to be a dailynews consumer via the device.
19. March 2013 - 748,0000 Mobile Web siterelease views Up 90% over prior year
20. Since 2012 Accesses of ourMultimedia Content10% - 14%IncreaseEveryMonth
21. Making Your Content Easy For Your Direct Audience
31. 1CONVERGENCEof Paid/Earned/Ownedis blurring lines betweenPR, Advertising &Marketing2SYNDICATIONthrough a variety ofchannels is critical inachieving organicaudienceengagement.3AUTHORITYis created throughcontent within contextwhich is easily curatedby your target audienceand algorithms.3 KEY TAKEAWAYS