How it works?
Working of Phantom
Advantages & Disadvantages
• Interfaces the user with a virtual environment
via the sense of touch by applying forces,
vibrations, and/or motions to the user.
• mechanical stimulation.
• Haptic technology, is a tactile feedback
technology that takes advantage of a user’s
sense of touch by applying forces, vibration
and motions to the user.
“being able to come into contact with”
sense of touch
Other Haptic devices
• Cyber glove:
• Specialized mouse: A multi agent system
observes the user and helps in predicting the
next move on the mouse.
• Surgical Simulation and Medical Training:
remote surgery, with the central workstation
and performs in various locations.
• Graphical user interfaces:
• Easy to Access And Use.
• Conservation: Prototype not required during
development, to check the accuracy and to
touch the model.
• Limited magnitude and not equally well in all
directions: Algorithms ensure that component
• Implementation is expensive.
• Haptics applications can be extremely
complex, requiring highly specialized
• Solution for interacting with the virtual
• Acts as an input and output device, tracking
user physical manipulations as an input and
providing realistic touch sensations as an
output coordinated with onscreen events.