1. Submitted to:
Miss Ravneet Kaur Tung
Purpose of listening
Facts Of Listening
Hearing And listening
Why to be a good listener?
Process of listening
Types of listening
How to be a good listener?
3. Listening is the ability to understand and
respond effectively to oral communication.
It is a psychological process which requires
more attention from the receiver.
Every Good Conversation starts with Good
4. The primary purpose of listening is to
UNDERSTAND what the other person is
saying , not necessarily to AGREE with
5. A state of mind
An intension to listen
A method of understanding
A process of clarifying and verifying
6. CLASSIFICATION OF LISTENING
7. More than 35% of businesses think listening
is a top skill for success.
Less than 2% of people have had formal
education with listening.
9. Hearing: Hearing is With the Senses. Ears
pick up sound waves which are then
transported to your brain.
Listening: Listening is with the mind.
Communication process and, to be successful,
is an active process.
10. To be recognized and remember
To feel valued
To feel appreciated
To feel respected
To feel understood
To feel comfortable about a want or need
WHY TO BE A GOOD LISTENER?