132 KV G.S.S.
Rajasthan Rajya Vidhut Prasaran Nigam
• RVPNL is a company of Rajasthan State Electricity
Board(RSEB) establised by gov. of Rajasthan.Aim of
RVPNL is to provide reliable Xmission service to
customers. 132 KV G.S.S.,Jalore is a part of RVPNL
and power comes from SSTPS.
Components of a sub-station
1. Primary power lines
2. Ground wire
3. Overhead lines
4. Transformer for measurement of electric voltage
5. Disconnect switch
6. Circuit breaker
7. Current Transformer
8. Lightning arrester
9. Main Transformer
10. Control building
11. Security fence
12. Secondary power lines
• Lightning arrester is a protective device which
provides protection against high voltage surges. A
lightning arrester has two terminals viz a high voltage
terminal and a ground terminal.
Power Line Carrier Communication(PLCC)
• PLCC for exchange of data and transfer of messages
between substations, voice communication is
necessary. For this purpose high frequency carrier
current is transmitted over same transmission line on
which power is transmitted. Hence this
communication is called as power line carrier
• It isolates the devices from live line when there is a
maintenance. It operates when there is no load. It is
also used to change bus bar line from main to
reserve or vise versa.
• C.T. is used to measure high value of current. C.T.`s
secondary is connected to relay to protect the
system against overcurrent.
• Ckt breaker Today, two most popular ckt breakers are
used in substation which are: Vaccum ckt breaker &
SF6 ckt breaker. Oil and Air blast ckt breaker was
used in earlier decades.