8. Pre-requisites to install SharePoint<br />SharePoint Single Server Role | Web OR Application Server Roles<br /><ul><li>Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Standard, Enterprise, DataCenter, or Web Edition) with SP1 or later with latest updates
9. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and ensure that ASP.NET 2.0 is enabled.
10. Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0 (IIS 6.0)
11. Microsoft SharePoint Office Server 2007 – Media
12. Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(office.12).aspx</li></ul>Database Server Roles<br /><ul><li>Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Standard, Enterprise) with SP1
13. SQL Express in case of Single Server Role (This gets installed automatically when installing SharePoint standalone server)
20. SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />Team Collaboration<br />Connects people with the information and resources they need. Workgroups can coordinate calendars, organize client documents, set up notifications and create team workspaces.<br /><ul><li>Task oriented, in-context collaboration
21. Users can create and control their own collaborative workspaces
22. Manage projects efficiently with built in task lists, task relationships, and project status.
26. E-mail enabled lists </li></li></ul><li>SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />Personalized Portals<br />Rich, personalized aggregation point for your user experience, applications and information.<br /><ul><li>Build customized portal sites for each aspect of your business
27. Highly scalable architecture to build personal, divisional, intranet, extranet, and Internet sites.
28. Key technologies
29. NET Support
30. Personalized My Site
31. Informational Web parts </li></li></ul><li>SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />Enterprise Content Management and Integrity<br />Streamline management of diverse content in a central repository and ensure the integrity of all stored documents on the portal.<br /><ul><li>Document management, records management, and web content management
32. Protect content from unauthorized users
33. Rich and seamless office integration
34. Single infrastructure management across multiple and multilingual websites.
35. Key technologies
36. Content Types
37. Integrated Workflow
38. Content Management with policies and auditing </li></li></ul><li>SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />Business Process Integration<br />Automated workflow and electronic forms simplify collecting and validating data that drives your business processes.<br /><ul><li>People centric workflow out-of-the-box and custom workflow design
39. Streamlines review, approval, and archive processes
40. Built on a rich platform – Windows Workflow Foundation
41. Integrates with structured business processes
42. Key technologies
43. Out of the box workflow templates
44. InfoPath Forms Services
45. Business Data Catalog </li></li></ul><li>SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />On Demand Business Intelligence<br />Decision makers can access real time data and generate reports anytime anywhere.<br /><ul><li>Broad Sharing of spreadsheets and reusable spreadsheet models.
46. Create personalized dashboards from disparate sources using Excel web parts
47. From KPIs , Reports , Dashboards, to Scorecards
48. Key technologies
49. Excel Spreadsheets and SQL Server Reporting Services
50. Report Center
51. KPIs and KPI Lists
52. Business Data Catalog</li></li></ul><li>SharePoint Product Key Features – Contd.<br />Enterprise Search<br />Fine tuned and relevant search allows information workers across the enterprise to quickly access appropriate data.<br /><ul><li>Unlocks relevant content in a wide range of repositories and formats.
53. Displays intelligent search results from LOB, relational databases and other structured content.
54. Actionable search results that respect security permissions
55. Leverage People Search by job title, expertise, and common interests
56. Search Entities
57. File Shares
58. Share Point Sites
59. Exchange Public Folders
60. External Websites
61. Business Data Catalog</li></li></ul><li>Enterprise Search<br />