Be the first to like this
Is Nursing a Profession?? For Australia, UK, US & UAE university students
Nursing Assignment Help From http://myassignmenthelp.com
The question "profession or not" has never been satisfactorily answered, not least because the definition of 'profession' is not exactly a fixed item.
However, some aspects of the definition might be considered 'core items'.
1. A profession has a unique body of knowledge and values - and a perspective to go with it.
2. A profession has controlled entry to the group eg registration
3. A profession demonstrates a high degree of autonomous practice.
4. A profession has its own disciplinary system.
5. A profession enjoys the Recognition and Respect of the wider community.
1. Nursing DOES have a unique body of knowledge and values, but all too often adopts the medical perspective over its own; most acadamic nurses these days don't try very hard to inject new nurses with any values other than the medical model (Yes, there are exceptions!). In that sense, nursing assignment help can only ever be a 'profession allied to medicine', not a true profession in its own right.