Prepare your report for Wheelworks managers by answering the following questions:
1. In most organizations employee needs are used to motivate performance. Briefly explain
Maslow's hierarchy of needs in your own words so that the Wheelworks managers will
understand the theory. Then provide specific examples as to how Wheelworks meets each
level of needs for their employees.
2. Similarly, explain Herzberg’s Two Factor Theory so that Wheelworks’ managers will
understand Herzberg’s concepts. Provide two or three specific examples of Motivation
factors and a like number of Hygiene factors you were able to identify in the organization.
3. In your interviews, Wheelworks employees and managers state that "passion for the sport
of cycling" is their number one motivator. In general, do you agree that love of the work
itself is the strongest motivator of people? Explain why or why not for the Wheelworks
executives reading your report. If you disagree, based on your experiences, explain what
other factors might be stronger motivators.
4. Recap in your report the specific types of financial rewards and incentives are used at
Wheelworks. Explain thoroughly for managers how each might work to increase employee
5. You know from your research that Wheelworks does not pay commission to its sales staff.
Recap the reasons why not. Based on what you know about the organization and
motivational theory, do you believe this decision is appropriate for the firm, given its goals
and strategies? Why or why not? As a consultant, what other types of compensation
systems would you propose?
Correctly produced APA parenthetical citations and References list: