What is Focus on Value ?
• In the term of contributor Focus on Value is
defined as –
• One of the aspect of a Contributor’s Mindset is
his/her goal of creating value – for self, for family,
for the team, for the organization, for customers,
and for society.
• In short, the Contributor aims to create value for
What Does Creating Value Mean
• Creating value means making a positive
difference, a tangible impact, a specific
contribution to any situation.
• This positive difference or impact can be in the
form of achieving a specific goal, creating a
product, creating ‘human touch’ in a particular
interaction, or enhancing one’s own capacity or
the capacity of one’s colleagues and team-
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
• He is an indian scientist and
administrator who served as the
president of india.
• Dr Kalam has made significant
contribution to Indian satellite
and launch vehicles of ISRO and
also in the missile programme of
• As project Director, SLV-III,
India's first indigenous Satellite
Launch Vehicle, he helped inject
Rohini satellite in the near earth
• He was responsible for the
evolution of ISRO's launch
vehicles programme and
• Under his leadership India has able to develop strategic
missiles. such as Nag, Prithvi, Akash, Trishul, and Agni.
• Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam who is popularly known as the
Missile Man of India for his work on missile and launch
• Kalam sought the ways of science and technology to transform
India into a developed country. He is considered a leading
progressive, mentor, innovator and visionary in India.
• Kalam's belief in the power of technology to resolve society's
problems and his views of these problems as a result of inefficient
distribution of resources is modernistic
• His book "India 2020" strongly advocates an action plan to
develop India into a knowledge superpower and into a
developed nation by the year 2020.
• Kalam is credited with the view that India ought to take a more
assertive stance in international relations.
• He regards his work on India's nuclear weapons program as a
way to assert India's place as a future superpower.
• Ramanujan Award by Alwars Research Centre, Chennai (2000)
• Padma Vibhushan (1990)
• Veer Savarkar Award (1998)
• Bharat Ratna (1997)
• Indira Gandhi Award for National
• “ Dreams is not what you see in sleep , it is the
thing which doesn’t let you sleep.”
• “It is a very easy to defeat someone , but it is a very
hard to win someone.”
• “ Confidence and Hard work is the best medicine to
kill the disease called failure.”
• “Black’ colour is Sentimentaly Bad” , but “Every Black
Board Makes The Students life Bright.”
• Dr. Kalam was a visionary. He dreamt of a better India, a safer
India and a more successful India.
• He believed that India will become an economic super power
very in the next 10 years and the youth of India can make his
dream come true. He devoted his life for the betterment of the