1. Unit : Food and DrinkTopic : Weight and Measure Prathomsuksa 6
2. ConversationPeter : Heres your order, madamtodays house special, Beef Madison.Anny : Great. It looks delicious.Peter : How much beef would youlike, madam?Anny : A lot, please.Peter : Here you are. And here arethe vegetables. Would you likesome carrots?Anny : Oh yes, please. They lookvery good.
3. Peter : And some peas?Anny : Just a few, thanks.Peter : How many potatoes do you want? Theyre very good today.Anny : Oh, well, I think Ill have, say, five.Peter : Here you are, madam.Anny : Oh, and do you have any bread?Peter : Of course. Here it is. I hope youenjoy your meal.Anny : What? Oh, its not for me . Its for my dog. Ill just have a small salad, thanks!
4. StructureHow to use Some and Any some We use some in positive sentences, with plural countable nouns and with uncountable nouns: For example: I would like some peas, please. I would like some bread, please.
5. We also use some in questions to ask forandoffer thingsFor example : Can I have some ham? Would you like some fruit?
6. anyWe use any in negative sentence andquestion with plural countable nouns anduncountable nounsFor example : - I don’t have any carrots. - She doesn’t have any vegetables.
7. QuestionsAny is used in questionsFor example :- Do you have any money?- Is there any sugar?
8. QuestionsSome or Any 1. I would like.………………….water. 2. Can I have.……………………coffee ? 3. Do you have.…………………pets?
9. Vocabulary Beef
15. Role - playWaiter/waitress : Welcome to the Greatrestaurant. Would you like to order now?Mira: Yes please.Waiter/waitress : What would you like to eat?Mira : I would like some …put name of food…Waiter/waitress : What would you like to drink?Mira : I would like to drink ..put name ofbeverage...Waiter/waitress : Okay, Wait a few minutes.Mira : Okay.