Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Human trafficking
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Human trafficking

278

Published on

0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
278
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
15
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  1. HUMAN TRAFFICKING
  2. WHAT HUMAN TRAFFICKING REFERS TO?It refers torecruitment, transportation, transfer orreceipt of a person by fraud or giving orreceiving unlawful payments forgratification, benefit, or profit for purpose ofsexual exploitation or forced labour. This is:• Illegal use of variety of means.• To force an individual.• To relinquish personal freedom• For the profit of trafficker.
  3. CONTRIBUTING FACTORSGlobalization and increase in labour migration.The continuing subordination of women in many societies.The inadequacy of law and law enforcement.The disinterest and in some cases, the disinterest of government.
  4. WHO ARE THE VICTIMS?
  5. FORMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKINGSEX TRAFFICKING:- It is commercial sexual exploitation of adults by force, fraud or coercion. In other words, Sex trafficking—an international form of slavery—is quietly stripping away the freedom and dignity of the most vulnerable among us. Sex traffickers are snatching victims from Asia, the former Soviet Union, Central and South America, the Middle East, and Western Europe. “Each year, an estimated 800,000 to 900,000 human beings are bought, sold, or forced across the world’s borders with majority of teenage girls.
  6. FORMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING CONTD…..LABOR TRAFFICKING:- It refers to exploitation of adults or children for labour using force, fraud and coercion. There are some commonly observed forms of labour trafficking. • Domestic servitude, • Restaurants, • Industrial cleaning, • Hotel housekeeping, • Hair salons.
  7. FACTS AND FIGURES• Estimated 2.5 million people are forced in labour including sexual exploitation at any time as a result of trafficking of these are 56% Asian.• 161 countries are reported to be affected by human trafficking.• About 80% of the trafficking involves sexual exploitation and remaining 20% involves forced labour.• About 1.2 million of children are trafficked each year.• Majority of trafficking victims are between 18 and 24 years of age.• In 54% cases traffickers are stranger to victims and in 46% cases, traffickers are known to victims.• Many trafficked victims have at least middle-level education.
  8. IDENTIFYING THE VICTIMS Living at workplace or with employer. Housed with multiple people, cramped living space. Working long hours; little to no pay. No identification, travel documents. Children not in school. Physical signs of abuse or psychological effects.
  9. ASIAN COUNTRIES ARE MAJOR SOURCECOUNTRY FACTINDIA Parents have sold an estimated 15 million children into bonded labour in return of meagre loans from money lenders.BANGLADESH About 25000 women are trafficked annually.NEPAL 75000 people are trapped as bonded labourers in Nepal.PAKISTAN Millions of people are forced to work as brick makers.MYANMAR Majority of minors are forced into labours in factories that benefit the regime and foreign corporation.
  10. WAYS OF PREVENTIONTRAFFICKING VICTIMS PROTECTION ACT (TVPA) 2000.AREAS OF FOCUS:-1. PREVENTION • Public awareness and education.2. PROTECTION • Certification, benefits and services to help victims rebuild their lives.3. PROSECUTION. • Created new laws enforcement tools and efforts.
  11. YOU CAN BE A VOICE OF CHANGE.
  12. EFFORTS OF AN INDIVIDUALEducate yourself.Spread the words.Take a look at your own community.Talk to children and teens.Subscribe to human right blogs and websites.Ask for supportGive ideas and suggestions.

×