3. Mission Statement-<br />“To be the most preferred and consistently profitable lifestyle retailer.”<br />
4. A word on Westside<br />Established in 1998 as part of the Tata Group, Trent Ltd. operates Westside, one of India's largest and fastest growing chains of retail stores.<br />Started by Mrs. Simone Tata after acquiring Littlewoods.<br />Today, it has reached 28 cities with 49 stores.<br />Currently headed by Noel Tata.<br />Designed to cater to shopping needs of various customers.<br />
6. Contd…<br />The store sizes range between 15000-30000 sq. feet.<br />Annual Sales for 2010 was Rs. 543 cr. <br />With net profit of Rs. 40 cr.<br />
7. Features<br />Designed to be one-stop<br /> shop for complete family.<br />Offers broad product variety.<br />There is huge price band.<br />
8. STP of Westside<br />Segmentation and Targeting<br />Demographic<br />Family<br />Economic<br />Upper middle and lower upper class<br />Psychographic<br />Lifestyle types.<br />
9. STP of Westside<br />2. Positioning<br />Initially started off with “Fashion at affordable price”<br />
10. Westside as a “Brand”<br />The name itself gives an upbeat feel.<br />The stores are designed to convey this message.<br />
11. 4 P’s<br />
12. Product Strategy<br />Has about 7-8 product category.<br />Displays majorly in-house brand.<br />Has tie-ups with other brands.<br />
13. Product Range-<br /><ul><li>Men’s Wear and Accessories.
14. Women’s Wear and accessories.
15. Kid’s Wear.
16. Crockery and Kitchen.
17. Daily Necessities.
18. Branded Jewellery
19. Gift items.
22. Interior decoration.</li></li></ul><li>Beyond Products<br />Employees are trained on various aspects like:<br />Product Knowledge.<br />Workplace Ethics.<br />Communication Skills<br />Courteousness.<br />
23. Pricing ..<br />Types of Pricing:<br /><ul><li>Promotional discounts
24. Seasonal Pricing
25. Product form Pricing
26. Psychological Pricing
27. Product bundling Pricing</li></li></ul><li>Place strategy<br />Chain of stores mainly functioning in malls.<br />Stores mostly located very near its competitor.<br />Products distributed from Mumbai headquarter.<br />Stock replenishment done mainly on Fridays. <br />
28. Place strategy Contd…<br />Product availability mainly depends on the city of operations.<br />Opening of exclusive store to women, keeping in mind that, women form the biggest and most loyal customer base for them.<br />
29. Promotion Strategy<br />
30. Promotion Strategies..<br /><ul><li>In 2002, YuvrajSingh was chosen as Brand Ambassador.
31. Club west card membership to retain the customers.
32. Theme based stores. Like one in Shalimar Bagh(Westside Woman).</li></li></ul><li>
34. Problems faced by Westside-<br />Target customer base changed over a period of time.<br />Not much shelf-space is given to the International brands.<br />Customer preferences are changing from in-house labels to international brands.<br />