An Android Developer and Business Conference
5 April 2014
The Classique Club, Mumbai
ABOUT DROIDSYNC 2014
DroidSync 2014 is planned to be a 1-day developer and business
conference held in the financial capital of India – Mumbai, on 5th April
This conference is the perfect place for Android developers,
Business/management professionals or owners of upcoming startups to
• The sessions at DroidSync 2014 will have 2 types of sessions.
Android Product Reviews/Showcase
• The sessions will comprise of Android Development/Technical talks as
well as Business/Entrepreneurship sessions (App Monetization, How to
pitch your product to VCs, etc. )
• At the end of the sessions, a 2-hour App Showcase will be
held for developers to display their products.
• The sessions will be proposed by various speakers on the event website
www.droidsync.in. The submissions will have to be made within the span
of 1 month.
• While proposing a session, the individual will have to submit the topic of
the session, along with an abstract of the content that he/she wishes to
deliver for 30 minutes.
• At the end of the month, a Jury will select the 8 sessions for the
conference; based on the quality of the session’s content ad considering
the audience’s demands on the sessions they would prefer.
ABOUT APP EXPO
The Android developer community has seen a great rise in the recent past
with the enormous popularity the platform has gained.
Current number of Android apps on Google Play : 1120000+* but sadly,
there is a high number of poor quality apps of about 22%.
DroidSync App Showcase aims to developers a stage to showcase their
innovations, for startups to meet the right people they are looking for and
the organization to potentially use the platform to promote their business
or to look for new talent on-board.
Aiming to bring the developers, startups and organizations, from all over
the country together to find a common goal.
WHAT CAN ONE LOOK FOR?
• Startups which are new, struggling, OR
unknown but with a brilliant product
• Startups must not have received
funding or have little funding received
prior to Startup
• Be a part of App Expo, you might just
meet the developers, that your startups are looking for!
RULES FOR APP EXPO
• The app should be available in the Google Play Store or as an
open source project.
• You can either submit individual apps or as a part of a team.
Team Size limited to maximum of 2.
• Maximum of 8 apps to be selected to be showcased at the
DroidSync App Expo 2014.
• Round 1: Submitted apps will be filtered by a jury. The top 8 apps
will be invited to demo their apps at the showcase for 15 mins.
• Round 2: The best apps at the app expo will be judged by a panel of
judges and by the popularity of their app in a public audience vote.
Basic Evaluation Criteria (in no specific order)
Completeness of the solution
Uniqueness of the App
Popularity, Rating and Number of Installs (if app is on Google Play)
Availability in different form factors like the phones & tablets
Adherence to UI guidelines
Investing potential about the app
Innovation & Impact
Practicality of the product
• Submission of Apps : 10th March 2014
• Selection of App by the jury : 16th March 2014
• Demo of the app by top 8 teams :5th April 2014 ( DroidSync 2014 Day)
DroidSync 2014 estimates to have a participant count in a range between 100-120
for the conference.
Typical designations of delegates would be :
IT/Software Company Professionals
Mobile App Developers
Entrepreneurs, IT Business associates
Geography of the delegate :
• Major delegate count from Mumbai.
• Registration is open to all and expected to receive registrations also from Pune,
Bangalore and Hyderabad.
VENUE : The Classique Club, Mumbai
Classique Club is a top-notch aesthetic hotel in the heart of Mumbai. It is just a short
drive from the city’s prime business areas. It is also at close proximity from the
Domestic and International Airports.
The venue also provides a surrounding exhibition area for registration.
WHY SPONSOR DROIDSYNC 2014
• To evolve a deeper understanding about the Android platform, its tools
and upcoming technologies; focusing on an audience of developers and
business professionals associated with android technology.
• Ideal platform for startups and individual developers to showcase their
products and receive feedback from conference attendees.
• To establish trust and belief about your product to the conference
• For companies to recruit some of the best developers.
Company name and logo on the event website
Company logo on event homepage with link to sponsor’s
company website – 150 px X 50 px
Place company standees ( Roll-up banner) at the venue (to be
designed and provided by the sponsor. Max height : 82”)
Free conference passes
Mention in pre and post-event coverage
Company write-up on the event website ( 150 words )
Company logo on Delegate Kits (150 px X 50 px)
Company logo on T-Shirt (150 px X 50 px)
Allowed to put 2 giveaways in Delegate Kit (provided by the
Company logo at venue (Registration area, Stage, Backdrop)*
Sponsor’s logo in event video
Display of sponsor’s logo during intervals – rolling presentations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Sponsorship does not guarantee a speaking slot at the conference.
If the sponsors wish to speak at the event, they will have to submit a
speaker proposal at our selection engine.
Sponsors, however, may interact and collect information directly from the
participants at the conference.
Androcid has an active Android news portal featuring articles on the latest
android products and app reviews.
On an average, the portal has 8,000 active visitors on a daily basis.
Since 2011, Androcid has been conducting various android workshops and
events in different parts of India. In 2013 itself, we conducted 10 workshops
and 2 major conferences.
Our main events include Nitrodroid – which has had 2 editions, in 2012 and
2013 with over 200 participants each year.
• Our events are for self-inspired individuals, which allows high quality
interaction between the participants, speakers and sponsors.
Purchase Orders to be raised in the name of :
Androcid Media Pvt. Ltd
#11, Zarina Towers, Magnum Plaza
St. Inez, Panaji
Goa – 403 002, India