Unit 26 – 28
Keynesianism & Monetarism
Economics & Ecology
Week 14 – Business English 2
- attendance & homework (Facebook
- review presentation
- Unit 26 (Keynesianism & Monetarism)
- Unit 27 (International Trade)
- Unit 28 (Economics & Ecology)
In partners, do exercise 1b on page 150
Listen up! Exercise 2A, pg. 158
1.Formerly, the less developed countries were against free trade
because they didn’t have competitive manufacturing industries.
2.Countries like South Korea and Malaysia are competitive today
because they’ve been able to import technology from the rich countries,
educate their labor force, and set up an infrastructure.
3.Free trade is disruptive; in other words, it causes big economic
changes, such as the closing down of an entire industry in a country, as
the product begins to be made more cheaply somewhere else.
4.The advantage of free trade is that it leads to more efficiency and
5.People in industrial countries can only put up with the disruption
caused by free trade if they can quite quickly find a new job.
A Korean Context
In your groups, create a short presentation
based on your assigned question.
Partner up and chat! Go through the questions on page
161 and have a discussion on how green you are.
Do the vocabulary exercise 2A on page 162
Do the vocabulary exercise
3A on page 164
3.disposal (to dispose of)
- Organize a study group for the final exam
- Choose a day/time to study & review together
- Hand in a sheet next week with your group members
name and planned study time(s)
- Receive a professionalism point for posting a photo of
your group studying within the next two weeks on