Unit 3 con’t– My Next
Slide Shows …
English Public Speaking &
• Attendance & Prep Sheet check
• Visuals Checklist
• Presentation Practice
• Call out some names of media tools
microphone/podium,markers, whiteboard, flip
chart, data projector, screen, OHP, transparency,
pointer, pin/bulletin board
• How do you say these numbers?
• What is the rule of six?
- A maximum of 6 lines per slide
- A maximum of 6 words per line
• Exercise 11, page29
1.draw your attention
3.The figures also show that
4.It’s quite remarkable
5.On the other hand
6.can we explain
7.have a look
8.let’s talk about
as a result
on the other hand
On the other hand
1. Let’s have a closer look at this table.
2. On the next graph you can see the sales figures
for the first quarter.
3. We sell almost 30% of our products to other
4. I’d like to draw your attention to the following
5. Despite software problems we were able to
achieve surprisingly good results.
6. I’d like to stress how important this change is.
Checklist for Visuals
1. Prepare each visual carefully and separately.
2. Check whether the visual really shows what
you are saying.
3. Make sure your audience can read the visual
(font size and colors)
4. Find effective headlines.
5. Keep design and content simple.
6. Use bullet charts for text.
7. Reduce text to a minimum.
8. Always prepare audience for visuals.
9. Present information clearly and logically.
10. Remember the rule of 6.
• In groups, use an interview from
page 31 as the basis for a short
• Use the tricks for emphasizing an
important point on page 28
• Speak in an engaging and
• Have the time of your life!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.