2. Google Panda is named after one of theGoogles top engineers, Navneet Panda. Googlelaunched Panda update in the mid of 12thAugust, 2011 world wide. With the release of Google pandaalgorithm, one of the most adorable animals hasbeen turned into a major headache for searchengine marketers.
3. The 1st panda update went into effect on24 February, 2011. The main aim of this new algorithm wasreducing ranking for “low-qualitywebsites” while increasing ranking for“quality websites”.
4. Panda update mostly affect the website havingfollowing issues:- High percentage of duplicate content on website. Low or no quality inbound links to a page orwebsite. High amount of irrelevant advertising on websites. Keyword stuffing on websites Very low content on pages
5. While you don’t know when the update willstrike, so it would be wise to take measures toprotect your site from its effects. Sowhat can you do to protect your site frompanda update effects?
6. The best thing to do is look at what Googleexpects your site to look like in terms of quality. Optimize your site asper Google demands.Here are some of the things you can do toimprove your site’s quality.
7. Google wants to ensure that high qualitywebsites rank higher in their search pages. One aspect of website’s quality is content youprovide in your website.
8. Make sure your site content is original & error free. Articles on your site should be original & notduplicated. If there is any duplicate content it shouldbe removed or improved. No keyword stuffing. Keyword density should notbe more than 3-4% Use of proper grammar & punctuations should bedone.
9. According to Google, low quality content onsome parts of a website can impact the wholesite’s ranking. So if you find any page with low qualitycontent, you should change it.
10. Other than content, you should also considerthe links from other sites. Website with low quality links are also affectednegatively. So ensure that all links to your sitecome from quality & relevant websites.
11. You can also consider other ways like social media to bring traffic to your website. This will ensure you that your site still has traffic in case it is affected by panda update.