• Solar power there?
• Wind power
• Hydroelectric power
• Nuclear power
• Burning coal
• Geothermal power
• Wave power
• Solar power is a quiet...
• This power source is very environmentally
•Wind power has it’s ups and
downs. The throbbing sound
irritates residents. But it
does not damage wild life
because usually they are on
•Wind turbines generate a
substantial amount of
power, although they require
a fair bit of maintenance.
• Hydroelectric power is water power. It is said that this energy is
very environmentally friendly and reliable. Here are some reasons
why this source of power is good.
• There is no waste or pollution produced.
• Once the dam is built, the energy is almost free.
• The dam can also be used to collect water.
• Here are some down sides:
• The dams are very expensive to build.
• The dams disturb the natural habitat of the bird and animal life.
• I think dams should be used in a limited way.
• Nuclear Power is dangerous. Because the
waste is toxic, and if something goes wrong
the nuclear power plant can explode releasing
radiation into the air.
• Nuclear power is used in many parts of the
world. But the New Zealand government
doesn’t allow it into New Zealand, because
they think it is too dangerous.
• It is the cheapest and has the lest impact on
the environment, as long as nothing goes
• Burning coal is a power source when
the lakes are too low to generate
• Coal is a fossil fuel and is therefore
very bad for the environment.
• Geothermal power is a sustainable,
reliable and eco friendly power
source. It takes the heat from under
the ground and makes electricity.
• My opinion is that Geothermal
power is the best for the
environment out of all of the other
• Wave power is a very powerful source of energy. Here are some
advantages and disadvantages.
• 1. The energy is free, producing no waste.
• 2. It is not expensive to operate and maintain.
• 3. Since the energy is so powerful, it can produce a great deal
• 4. The whole system depends on the waves, sometimes you will
get a load of energy, and other times you can get nothing.
• 5. It needs a place where the waves are consistently strong.
• I think this power source is very eco friendly.
• What power source is the worst when it
comes to being eco friendly? Burning coal.
• What is the most common power source
used? Hydroelectric power.
• Which is the most dangerous? Nuclear
• I got my information from:
• Louis and mum