“Elementary, Dear Data”, TNG 2x03
Geofield is a module for storing geographic data in Drupal 7. It supports
all geo-types (points, lines, polygons, multitypes etc.)
PostGIS provides a field for geospatial data that can be added to entities.
To the end user this module is similar to the Geofield module, but spatial
operations and data storage rely on PostGIS.
• Well-known Text (WKT).
• POINT (121.52861583171 25.043122959287)
• Latitude and Longitude (經緯度)
• 25.043123 121.528616
“Put it on the view screen.”
full of features: maps, styles, layers, behaviors, and projections.
1. Defaults do not work very well.
2. The whole Views -> OpenLayers -> Views process is confusing.
3. OpenLayers adds another level of abstraction.
• Does not fit into the Views-centric workflow of Drupal very well.
1. Leaflet has nice defaults.
2. Just render a view (a list of query result) as a map.
• Intuitive (at least for Drupal developers.)
3. And this brings some new features (in a moment).
4. But Leaflet lacks a few important features.
• among them, a Geofield widget.