1. Southeast Marina Market, LLC Southeast Marina Market, LLC Polly Fuqua, Principal 6071 Round Hill Lane Knoxville, TN 37912 Phone: 865-‐414-‐0501 Fax: 865-‐300-‐5187 E-‐Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.southeastmarinamarket.com
2. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 1 About Us Business Valuation Marina Business Brokerage Today’s Market and Recent Transactions Marketing Consulting Company Branding Design Services Identity & E-‐Commerce Collateral Package Social Media & Networking
3. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 2 We are specialist in our field with special insight in a niche market but our vision and strategy works. Do you need an effective deal initiator, expediter and closer; an experienced experts working with banks, investment firms, a variety of sellers, buyers and well versed in the complexities of a marina transaction. We are specialist in our field with special insight in a niche market with a vision and strategy that works. Our strengths include analysis, positioning, targeting, strategic alliances, business development and orchestration of client resources. Today more than ever you need the expert services of an experienced, energetic professional with a proven track record and the wherewithal to roll with the rough tides. A marina specialist with a reputation in the marketplace for successfully completing complex marina transactions during the economic downturn with insight is a value-‐based solution in any economic environment. Business Valuation Our first step is to create a Business Valuation and Offering Memorandum – This document provides a detailed description of the offering, including history, discussion of ownership transition, data and statistics regarding operations and recent financial performance, some high level market analysis, and photographs of the business location. This document is provided to prospective buyers if they have continued interest after reviewing the detailed offering summary. In valuation marine related businesses, our marina specialist uses market comparisons, the estimated fair market value of tangible business assets; typically, current assets such as cash and cash equivalents, accounts receivable, inventory and prepaid expenses, together with fixed assets such as real estate, and most importantly the financial status and history of the business which include revenues, cash flow, profit consistency, customer base, and intensity of competition, industry recognition, growth potential and the probability of continued operation. Total Liabilities can include accrued expenses, accounts payable and notes payable. We will also assist in determining any perceived risks and other characteristics associated with the business enterprise in which the investment is made. We use the Market Value approach, the Asset Value element is the estimated fair market value of tangible business assets; typically, current assets such as cash and cash equivalents, accounts receivable, inventory and prepaid expenses, together with fixed assets such as real estate, machinery, equipment, vehicles, furniture, fixtures and other fixed assets including computer hardware and software. Components of the Business Value (Goodwill) element include revenues, cash flow, profit consistency, customer base, and intensity of competition, industry recognition, growth potential and the probability of continued operation. Total Liabilities can include accrued expenses, accounts payable and notes payable. Determination of Risk – Expected rates of return can vary among business investments, depending on the perceived risks and other characteristics associated with the business enterprise in which the investment is made.
4. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 3 Marina Business Brokerage Specializing in privately owned and commercial marinas, our experienced team of highly trained consultants and intermediaries assist you throughout a merger, acquisition or divestiture process of marina transactions. As your advocate we provide a discreet consultative approach to each and every business transaction that is unrivaled in the industry. Because our team is built of the most seasoned and experienced professionals and we continue our ongoing training, you can rely on our intermediaries to bring to you exactly the same level of service and professional resources that a much larger company would receive from the finest top tier investment bank. Our experience, marketing strategies, industry relationships, repeat clientele and referrals has built an impressive company database. We leverage all of our resources including a strategic marketing plan to reach around the GLOBE that best fits your needs! Marina properties can be a tricky animal to sell given their host of unique attributes: confidentiality, environmental, operating business and government leases. We manage the entire sales and marketing process throughout the transaction. Our client services also include working in your best interest, qualifying sellers and buyers for reputation and financial capability, coordinate the negotiations, and act as intermediary until the deal is completed. We do our work so you as the owner can do what you do best -‐ run your business. We will create a marketing summary for promotional purposes only. – This document provides a generic description of the offering with summarized historical financial data. This document will form the basis of the listing and be used on various web sites, marine related magazines as marketing material and is intended to give the reader only enough information to determine if the industry, size and general location of the marina business match his/her interest and acquisition criteria. All prospective buyers must sign a Confidentiality and Non-‐Disclosure Agreement and provide proof of financial qualification in order to receive any specific listing documents according to our company policy. Specific sellers may have certain conditions to obtain this document. We have identified and prioritized a list of possible suitors to fit a certain criteria and region. From here on out it is just be plain old hard work, with all of us contacting people in our database, marina companies and investment firms with spending capital those companies, using both a top down approach (call the president) and a bottom up approach (call the dock manager). Most marina consultants or any type of business brokers will not take the time necessary to pursue a list of companies or strategically find buyers.
5. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 4 We will continue to take advantage of all the online communities and social networks. Its pays to stay up with the times as networking evolve. But it is critical to the end result to utilize all your marketing tools to be in front of the right buyers. We believe in establishing a rapport with the interested buyers to understand their ownership capabilities, wants, and needs. Qualified buyers with continued interest will receive a forward looking profile with explicit descriptions including history, data and statistics regarding operations and recent financial performance, some high level market analysis, and photographs of the business location, assets, and more. We create a video that allows prospective buyers "a look into the business" without physically coming to your location. This protects confidentiality while distinguishing your business from the competition allowing the buyer to “see” themselves as owners of the business.. We will address specific questions and highlight the benefits and all-‐important factors regarding marina of interest to assist buyers during their decision process. We want buyers who are prepared to buy now! By asking all the right questions! Do you understand the lending and approval procedures involved in a marina purchase? Prior to touring a marina have you talked to a lender as we review your personal financial statement? Can you afford the initial down payment? Are you prepared as a buyer to purchase a property today? Have you prepared a personal financial statement, copies of 2 years of tax returns; a resume and a business plan to present to a banker for review? Did you prepare a business plan stating the purpose of the loan, use of funds, business summary, financial statements, and just incase you find the right property at the right purchase price? Do you have provisions are thoughts of a letter of intent. We will assist the both marina owner, seller and buyer with the lending process by providing a detailed description of the marina business, any significant improvements made to the property, asset list, inventory, 3 years of tax returns and updated profit and loss statements for review. The lease summary, rent roll, customer and vendor list will also be available for review during the due diligence period.
6. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 5 TODAY’S MARKET Commercial Lending has never been an easy task for the average marina buyer because of the complexity of the sale and lender requirements. The lack of understanding a marina operation has limited new buyers entering the market. After the stock market crash any commercial loan is considered to be a risk and almost impossible for new a buyer without the cash ability in addition to have a specialized knowledge to run a niche business such as a marina. Southeast Marina Market, LLC Recent and Present Projects Polly Fuqua, Principal East Port Marina, TN $1 ,600,000 9/2007 Roger’s Nursery/Marina, PA $ 650,000 8/2007 Carr Creek Marina, KY $ 1,200,000 2/2008 RandN Marina, NC $ 3,450,000 8/2008 Lakeview Marina $ 2,200,000 10/2008 w/United Realty Elm Hill Marina $10,500,000 12/2008 Beach Island Marina $ 3,500,000 1/2009 Wisdom Dock Marina $ 6,092,000 1/2010 Heron Point Marina $ 900,000 4/2010 w/United Realty Cotton Port Marina $ 650,000 9/2010 Under Management Lease Swann’s Marina $ 1,800,000 Under Contract w/United Realty 2010-‐2011 Consulting/Marketing/Valuations Projects BBT-‐ Marina Consulting, TN Jamestown Bank, Marina Consulting, TN Herbert Pritchard Appraisals, Marina Consulting, KY Michael and Christine Kelly, Buyer Representation, MA Bass Inc, Buyer Representation, AR MariCorp US, Marketing Consulting, MO James Owens Appraisal Service, NC Mcpherson Appraisals, Marina Consulting, TN
7. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 6 MARKETING CONSULTING Any business owner when it comes to marketing talk is cheap, effective marketing is priceless. Our marina and marketing experts are focused on moving your business forward; our strategies begin with results in mind. Our first goal is to ensure a smooth transition as a new owner. From past experience that isn’t always how a new business with a new owner will start out. Our job is to ensure no tenured employees are resistant to change, stuck in the past and believe what may have worked well in the past when there was little change in the external environment however that will no longer be the case. To grow your Marina, Campground or Resort to its earning capacity we recommend mentor management to adapt the staff successfully to an organizational change with positive reinforcement and open the staff to continual learning and reinvention. We will mentor the staff in different areas of marketing, management and communication to understand what the customers are going through, overcoming objections and providing more personalized services. Like any other marketing strategy using offline tools, you need to know your goals and customers. We will recommend different ways on how to interact with your customers. Challenge status quo by finding new markets and revenue streams. Our marketing plan is to build a strong team, customer rapport, greater profits, lead generation, higher quality of clientele, and creating activities and events to unite the campground, slip owners and staff on a foundation to build on and more. Busy places get business; slow ones don’t. Your needs will be our top priorities, and our experienced team will ensure that your brand is in a constant state of positive evolution.
8. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 7 “You never get a second chance to make a first impression!” Since a website creates your companys image on the Internet, it is important that this dynamic first impression holds the visitors attention. The attention span on the Internet is only seconds. If a visitor to your website is not impressed immediately that your website is professional and useful for their purpose, over 60% will move on in search of information elsewhere. That is why a visually appealing form, user friendly along with easily identifiable functions, is absolutely the key to good web page design. Your navigation scheme must be clear and effortless, and your message needs to be clearly understood and informative. Design, Web Presense, Google Specialty Packages, Internet Marke.ng Consultant Services, Tac.cs, Search Engines, Linking NewsleOers, Direct Mail, iTarget and Market Posi.oning, Sites on Top Aﬃiate Directories, Specialty Ads, Website and Promo.on and Event Planning Internet, Email and Joining Printed Brochures and Business Social Media and Networks Forms
9. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 8 Our team makes it a point to put our customer’s first, to better understand your needs and respond appropriately whether it’s by phone, email, face to face and ensure your satisfaction during the implementation phase of our consulting services. Here are some of the services we offer in other marketing and management consulting packages: • Discussion of goals and objectives regarding new marketing initiatives, ideas and strategies • Review of existing vendors, suppliers, media, including suggestions on creative ways to enhance and promote your message and build value • Strategic marketing plan development, complete with budget, and recommend tactics • Customer profiling who participate in the marina, boating, fishing and any other marine related and vacation industry • Competitor espionage, including review of product/service offerings, rates, promotions, web strategies, messaging, and key competitors positioning • Brainstorming for new product or service promotions, and ever changing marketing strategies • Social network media, set up, and promotion • Customized website, Google tools with analytics data, logo design and collateral packages • We will specialize a package based on our initial meeting and recommendations, phases based on your budget and new and or operating business with established brand.
10. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 9 COMPANY BRANDING We want to know what your business offers and create more possibilities during our marketing campaign by learning everything we can about your customers and your competition. We almost eat and sleep it until its second nature so we can create a unique brand image that speaks your benefits to your clientele and potential customers. In our pre-‐discovery we will prepare a few ideas, directional with different logos, website options, a marketing plan, marketing plan and business model to fit your needs based on our extensive research. Our Discovery Meetings will continue to take place on site, in person and conference calls with you and your staff. We want everyone to understand the scope of the project to learn more about your business, your challenges, wants and needs. You have a choice of a variety of services and products! Consulting, Mentoring, Design Services, Logo, Website with Interactive Functions, Social Media, a variety of Collateral Packages including Business Forms, Sales Kit, Brochure, Newsletters, E-‐Commerce or Print Advertisements and more. We position you to stand out from your competition, and convince potential clientele to choose you because it is the best choice for them. We personalize our packages and services just for you and your business. The marina industry is a niche market. Every marina is unique, as your needs will be as we walk these steps with you as our client.
11. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 10 DESIGN SERVICES Our designers are skilled at creating attention-‐getting logos, web design, blogs, e-‐commerce newsletters, brochures, and more. They also specialize in the creation of marketing, advertising and collateral packages. You need to spice up your image, well create the right design to catch your audiences eye. Our professionally trained graphic designers are computer artists who know how to use their creative abilities to improve the look of your printed and e-‐commerce projects. A well-‐designed logo captures your business and is invaluable in communicating your value to potential clients and your current customers. Creative use of color, typography, photos, and illustration can dramatically improve the effectiveness of your project. Good design can help create a favorable impression that makes your resort stand out in the crowd in the boating, marina, travel and leisure industry. We are professional group with our own niche to think out of the box in a niche market. Were ready to work with you to get your design done on time, correctly, and provide you with the highest quality at favorable prices.
12. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 11 IDENTITY & E-‐COMMERCE Logo Design – Is a picture worth a thousand words? Absolutely! Our logo design service includes the complete professional design of an illustrated or text logo. Process starts with visual direction presentation. Once approved, we will design 3 or more concepts in color, based upon approved visual direction, and up to 2 rounds of revisions of a chosen concept. Final logo will provided in vector or raster format and in several common electronic formats. (.eps, .tif, .jpg, .gif, in black/white and color). Website Marketing & Promotion » Search Engine Optimization (SEO) » SEO Design Techniques » Search Engine Results For Local Businesses Research shows that a company’s website is the most highly rated factor that turns a prospect into a client. Will the World Find Your Website? Not unless it’s designed to be found, creates enough interest to stop surfing and understand that your resort does offer everything they need. Business on the Internet is about people finding your website quickly and easily. The whole point of having a website is to promote your business. Simply submitting your website to the major search engines isnt enough. We already have the top marina, travel and resort business listing ready for submission. We create websites that are optimized around relevant keywords and phrases that relate to your business, picked after careful research and discussion with you. Keywords, link relevance and several other techniques are designed into your web site to help bring your message to the world.
13. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 12 Why Be First on Google". Everyone wants to be number one, or at least on the first page. There are even some SEO firms out there that guarantee front-‐page positions. How do they do it? The first way is to pay for Google Ad words. You select the major keywords or phrases and bid up how much you will pay when someone uses them in a Google search, and how much you will pay if someone clicks on your link. This wasnt too expensive in the old days, when there wasnt much competition for key words/phrases. However, it can become quite expensive now with some key phrases costing $10.00 and up per click. The second ploy is to pick obscure, long key phrases, something that no one else would use to optimize their website. So when you type in the obscure phrase, your website will probably come up first on the Google search because no other website uses the phrase. But we don’t take chances!!! We will utilize all the Google tools, interactive maps, address from here to there, and location pins on your website. We apply all of our knowledge about search engine optimization, Internet marketing and how to design your website to get maximum traffic and exposure.
14. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 13 Our Company Website Style -‐ Includes Sub page style design, including typography, Website HTLM coding, CSS styles, Flash and Java Script headers. Also includes interactive design for promotional and "call to action" areas and sub navigation as needed and agreed. We will hand-‐code your site using the latest web standards and (Cascading Style Sheets). Our standard Home page Flash Animation package includes 1 main scene, and up to 3 additional "scenes" of images. Additional page styles, such as product or services pages that demand a unique look, e-‐commerce styles, landing pages, blogs, demos, etc. can all be purchased at additional costs, as their demand varies from client to client. Home Page Interactive Animation -‐ Specialized and Priced Per Client -‐ Our website has ZIP because we created it with some FLASH and Various Java Script options. This can add some "zip" to your brand by displaying your message in a time-‐lined or on demand sequence that maximizes readability or allows your users to interact with on screen images that will animate in key information, imagery or offers. Additional page styles, such as product or services pages that demand a unique look, e-‐commerce styles, landing pages, blogs, demos, etc. can all be purchased at additional costs, as their demand varies from client to client. Link Strategy -‐ High quality relevant websites that link to your website are a major factor to demonstrate your websites importance, and therefore improve search engine ranking. Listing your website with well-‐established directories also improves your site popularity and search engine ranking. We have researched the top trafficked sites vacation, marina listings, boating, cabins and boat rentals, campgrounds, and other travel and water sports related sites. Our link strategies is to improve your rankings and bring more traffic to your website. Our network affiliation within the marine industry and affiliate with allmarine.com will put us at the top of the list. Blogs -‐ Our standard blog package includes categories, archives, links, social media buttons, subscribe to email, RSS, promotional offering for widgets from provided files (up to 5). Our Blog is completely customized designed. Blog search and other functions can be added for an additional fee. Custom Blogs-‐ The modern day newsroom, our custom interactive blog is designed to match your brand and is one of the fastest ways to build a web presence, promote news, interact with potential customers, and enhance your SEM efforts. We manage and implement your e-‐commerce from initial website design layout on through to final implementation and ongoing maintenance using latest technology to continuously improve website visibility.
15. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 14 COLLATERAL PACKAGE WE CREATE WHATEVER IS RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS! Brochure Design -‐ A custom-‐designed brochure to showcase your company, products, and/or services, our professional design team will create a custom brochure layout for your brand. Our fee is based on a design equivalent to a 3-‐ to 4-‐panel brochure. (Printing not included.) Business Stationary Design -‐ stationery package consisting of business card, letterhead, #10 envelope, 10 x 13" envelope, and graphic standards to import into Microsoft Word for e-‐letterhead. Includes preparation of electronic files for professional printing. Up to 3 unique business cards to choose from to ensure satisfaction. Sales Kit Design -‐ Our sales folder kit is ideal for face-‐to-‐face meetings, leave behinds, trade shows, and mailers. This interactive piece includes a full-‐color, custom-‐designed single pocket folder with a matching insert template that allows for easy in-‐house production. (Printing not included.) Graphic layout of your copy/content into the insert template design, if needed, is charged separately.
16. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 15 AD DESIGN CHOICE OF: ONLINE EMAIL AD OR PRINT AD Print Ad -‐ A well-‐conceived and professionally designed ad can draw up to 10 times more attention. Our print ad development service includes conceptualizing, graphic design, copywriting, and file preparation/delivery to the best printing company depending on the product. We will plan; negotiate, on your behalf. Online/Email Ad -‐ You’ve probably received some of these in your inbox from major retailers, business offers, etc. They differ from templates in that they are essential just one graphic "ad" with working HTML buttons for all’s to action. It applies to online ads placed in various directories, partner sites, or online advertising for tradeshows or specific events. Our online/email ad design also includes the messaging and creative writing involved in developing compelling copy to complement the design. They are used to promote any campaign, services, products or event your may think of, and are usually tied to landing pages that can track and monetize your success. This service includes the creative time and content writing for the ad, the graphic design and the coding into HTML for release. The advantage of hiring our marina specialists that are also experts in marketing, they know the needs of your clientele and how to meet them. Examples include: pre-‐booking for rentals, customer incentives, customer interactive pages, special events that become tradition that customers have to RSVP and buy a ticket to ensure a place at this year’s Mardi-‐Gras party, Special Contests and the advantages of why create reasons people to register online.
17. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 16 SOCIAL MEDIA & NETWORKING We know what we can do for you, you have to recognize your clientele will miss out on not finding you and what you provide. We know where they network, look for information and what social communities they want to join and want to actively participate. Regardless if you don’t believe it is important or seems it has been beneficial to your business, you would be surprised that is where they publish recommendations. We’re here to give you the no nonsense advice and services you need to build relationships, share, publish, promote, and grow sales throughout the social media sphere. Social Media Consulting Our social media consulting services are customized to your specific needs. After we build your social network, we offer training for your staff to learn how to use social media websites, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, and others. We can help find and engage in relevant “conversations” in social media. We can also build your corporate social media policies. The ways we help our clients leverage the power of social media are as varied as the social media websites themselves. Have questions? Just ask! Social Media Set Up & Customization One of the most important and often overlooked aspects of social media marketing is the profile set ups and customizations. Utilizing the available customization tools, profile descriptors, photos, and other tools available on each social media website can make a huge difference in your overall results. We’ll recommend the most relevant social media sites for your business and then create and optimize profiles that are search engine friendly and customized for your brand. Examples include custom “tabs” inside Facebook, Twitter background designs, LinkedIn company descriptions, YouTube channel setup, and more.
18. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 17 Social Media Publishing & Promotion One of the biggest reasons social media has become so popular among businesses is for the ability to self-‐publish and promote a company’s content to a wide audience. Here are just a few of the ways we do this: • We promote content on your website via calls-‐to-‐actions and special offers that are shared through social media • We publish content on article submission websites with links back to your company website • We publish press releases through our partner, PR Web that are optimized for social media and shared through RSS to a wide range of media subscribers. • We bookmark and share your content on social media sites like Digg, Stumble Upon, Delicious, and others • We promote your content by sharing links on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and others
19. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 18 We are a team of skilled business brokers, marina consultants and marketing professionals that don’t only want to succeed but want to be the best in the industry by making a difference in the today’s work environment. As we start implementing our marketing plan, networking in the community, you will discover the proven ways to succeeding is not only using advertising to web marketing but also everything in between. We are driven to shape and develop marketing strategies in the buy and sell market, increase profits for operating marinas and create longevity for business owners in the marina and boating industry. We mentor management to achieve higher level of accomplishments, promote team building and overall inspire the entire staff to take initiative to create successful daily habits improving customer service, increasing revenue and become a part of the bigger picture. Our goal is to implement a marketing plan with moneymaking objectives that is real and relevant before and after the sale of a marina. As marina specialists, marketing and sales professionals, we will show you everything you need to know to master our plan, maneuver a user friendly website that makes the phone ring, letting the telephone work for you, while establishing rapport with your customers. As part of our consultant package, we will teach you how to make everyone into a potential customer, attract more qualified customers and make them eager about wanting to be a member of your marine community. We will show you how to close the sale, on the phone, online and off.
20. Southeast Marina Market, LLC 19 Southeast Marina Market, LLC Polly Fuqua, Principal 6071 Round Hill Lane Knoxville, TN 37912 Phone: 865-‐414-‐0501 Fax: 865-‐300-‐5187 E-‐Mail: email@example.com Web: www.southeastmarinamarket.com