Lakeland Fl Homes forBaby Boomers: What DoThey Want in A Home? By Petra Norris
According to the National Association of HomeBuilders, the baby boomers’ (those born between1946-1964) is the largest generation with ademographic of 76 million. Most of them don’t intend tosettle in retirement homes and prefer to buy LakelandFl homes that continuously meet their needs as theyage. Baby boomers are also more active and health-conscious than their predecessors so they wanthomes that offer more options and are technologicallyadvanced. That’s why it doesn’t come as a surprisethat current home design trends cater to babyboomers.
Here are some of the top prioritiesthat baby boomers look for and maywant in a Lakeland Fl home:1. Smaller Lakeland Fl homes with moreefficient designs which are closer to work andentertainment spots.
2. Multiple generational Lakeland Fl homes wheredifferent generations of families can live together butstill have their own private space as well as a placewhere they can all hang out together under one roof.
3. Homes with bedrooms downstairs. It’s a no brainerwhy baby boomers would prefer downstair bedrooms.If they are not using wheelchairs or canes now, theywould still be considering a home that would meettheir future needs as they age.If you have a room downstairs that is not being usedas a main bedroom, consider rearranging it toshowcase it as the main bedroom to give more appealto baby boomers.
4. Energy efficient homes. Baby boomers want toreduce their energy bill so they can have more moneyto spend for other needs and wants.5. More windows. Aging baby boomers prefer homeswith more light coming in. So if you are targeting thebaby boomer market, make sure to open your shadesand curtains during showings to show them howbright and light your rooms are, especially in thebedroom, kitchen, and stairwells.
6. Home offices. Many baby boomers prefer to keepworking even past retirement age. Most of them havejobs or hobbies that make home offices a necessity forthem.7. Media or Tech centers. These are also a hit not justfor tech savvy baby boomers, but for othergenerations living with them as well. Make sure yourLakeland Fl home has updated wiring. A home withwireless home network systems, advanced alarmsystems, remote control lighting, and other modernfeatures are also a big plus.
8. Flexible space. This is probably the best sellingpoint if you are planning to sell your Lakeland Fl hometo a baby boomer. Flexible space means areas in yourhome could be switched to be used as a completelydifferent room as they age.The more flexible space a home has, the bigger thechances are that baby boomers will stay in that homelonger. If you have photos of your den in your home’sflyers, consider adding suggestions in the flyer thatthe den could also be turned into another room like aguest room.
The main thing you should remember in selling yourLakeland Fl home is to offer options and highlight yourhome’s features so your buyers could be able to seeclearly your home’s advantages over other LakelandFl homes in the market. Petra Norris Tagged with: Baby Boomers • Lakeland FL 863-619-6918 . homes • tips and advice
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.