5 ways to prepare your lakeland fl home for an open house
5 Ways To Prepare YourLakeland FL Home For AnOpen Houseby: Petra Norris
5 Ways To Prepare Your Lakeland FLHome For An Open HouseSpring is open house season, which means there are a lotof buyers out there looking for Lakeland Fl homes. Thisalso means a lot of sellers will be showcasing their ownLakeland Fl home for sale. You will need to compete for thebuyers’ attention by making sure that your home will be inits best possible condition during the open house.It’s not just enough to make the home as clean as possible.There are some other things you need to do to prepareyour home for the open house:
1. DepersonalizePersonal stuff like family photos, awards, trophies, andother sentimental objects can be distracting and yourpotential buyer might look at it more that the actual home.The buyer must be able to visualize themselves actuallyliving in your home. It would be hard for them to do this ifthe home has too many personal stuff that has the mark ofthe previous homeowner in it. The goal is to have yourLakeland Fl home like a blank slate so the potential buyercan imagine where to place their own stuff. If you havepets, make sure they are away from the home not just onthe day of the open house, but ideally a few days prior toavoid lingering pet odors.
2. Dont pile all your clutter in thecloset.Resist the urge to shove all your personal stuff and clutterin the closets. Your potential buyer might look inside theclosets, too, since they would also want to know in advanceif all their own stuff would fit in the closets. They would wantto take a look at all available storage spaces and the moreavailable space they see, the more it would look like yourLakeland Fl home has all the available room they need.Ask friends, relatives, or neighbors if you could temporarilystore some of your stuff with them. The goal is to makeyour home look as spacious and free of clutter as possible.
3. Make your home feel warm andinviting.Although you need to depersonalize your home, it stillneeds to look inhabited. An almost bare home is lessappealing to buyers. Stage your home. Add in somescented candles, fresh flowers, or potted indoor plants.Spruce up your living room with brightly colored throwpillows. Put a bowl of fresh fruits on the kitchen counter.Leave some fresh folded towels in the bathroom. Your goalis to show the buyer that your Lakeland Fl home is a greatplace to live in.
4. Let there be light.Bright and naturally lit homes sell. Make sure your windowsare clean from the inside and outside to maximize thesunlight flowing inside the house. Check all your light bulbsto see if they are working and if the light is bright enough toshowcase the rooms’ best features. take down heavydrapes that block the sunlight from straming through thewindows.
Although you may not get an offer on the first day of youropen house, but it can lead to future showings andeventually, a successful sale.These tips should be used daily when your home is on themarket. Buyers do prefer personal and private showingswith their real estate agent. Keeping your home show-readyis a must to achieve top dollars.
5. Use the open house as a day off.It’s not a good idea to hover around during your LakelandFl home’s open house. Your agent should be in charge ofthat. But instead of just eating away time at the local coffeeshop during the open house, why not take the day off tospend quality time with loved ones? Selling a home andmoving is a stressful experience, so reward yourself andyour family with a mini-vacation. Give yourself a littlereward. Then later on, you could reconnect with yourLakeland Fl agent when he or she has gathered enoughfeedback on your home.