1. UnderstandingMAP Scores Milwaukee Public Schools
2. Know, Understand, and Do Understand how MAP gets to instructional levels Interpret Student Results RIT scale, RIT ranges by strand 2011 Normative Data Lexile Measure growth using MAP results Design plans to meet diverse needs of learners Produce gains in skills and sub-skills 2
3. MAP Testing Windows •Approximately one week after the window closes reports are available •Working on details of how to get data to providers 3
4. MAP Progression
5. What is a RIT (Rasch UnIT) Scale? RIT Scale • Linked to Adult Reading and Curriculum About 280 Math Concepts • Achievement Scale • Equal Interval Test items • Grade Level are calibrated Independent for difficulty • Cross Graded along the RIT scale. Growth Measurement About 150 • Shows Growth Beginning Literacy Over Time and Numeracy
6. Reading Test Score Display Daniel E. Caster Your Reading Score is 210 (Determines Meaning 198-213) (Understands Text 201-214) (Analyzes Text 213-225) (Evaluates and Extends Text 203-216)
7. 2011 NWEA NormsProvides the mean and median RIT for each grade level at the beginning, middle and end of year Mean RIT = the average RIT score for that grade level based on all students who took the assessment nationwide Median RIT = the middle RIT score for that grade level based on all students who took the assessment nationwide
8. Interpret Reading Results
9. What is a Lexile? A Lexile is a unit that measures the amount of challenge presented by a passage based on vocabulary and sentence complexity A Lexile measure represents a location on the Lexile scale where a reader can expect a 75% comprehension rate - difficult enough to be challenging without undue frustration and to encourage reading progress.
10. Typical Lexile Ranges for Grade Grade Lexile Range 1 BR to 300L 2 140L - 500L 3 330L - 700L 4 445L - 810L 5 565L - 910L 6 665L - 1000L 7 735L - 1065L 8 805L - 1100L 9 855L - 1165L 10 905L - 1195L 11 and 12 940L - 1210L*K5 students are typically at the beginning reader stage and usually score a Lexile of BR.Reporting Lexiles for K5 students isnt required. It is recommended to report out a Lexile fora K5 student that is above the typical Lexile for K5 students.
11. Interpret Reading Results How well do these students understand 7th grade reading material? How would you develop a “triage” plan for these students?
12. Mathematics Test Score Display Daniel E. Caster Your Mathematics score is 198 (Process and Number 195-207) (Measurement 191-214) (Geometry 189-203) (Statistics and Probability 192-204) (Algebraic Relationships 194-208)
13. Interpret Math Results How well can these students do 3rd grade math? How would you develop a “triage” plan for these students?