2. What is Edmodo? Free social learning network for teachers, students, schools and districts Provides an engaging platform for blended learning and safe, productive social networking Safe and easy way to: − Connect − Exchange ideas − Share content − Access homework, grades and school notices.
3. Founded in late 2008, now transforming classrooms for millions of users worldwideNote: Image reflects data as of Oct’11
4. Security Closed environment No private information required from students Students join classes by the invitation of their teacher only Students cannot directly message one another All communications are archived Teacher has full management control Sub domains allow district administrators greater control
5. Create Your Account
6. Teacher Landing PageStore unlimited Postcontent for easy assignments, re-use and reminders, sharing polls, or discussion questionsCreate Groupsfor Classes and Clubs Encourage collaboration and participation in classroom discussionsJoin Subject and Content Communities
7. Students receive notifications for new grades, new assignments, Student view alerts or replies Unlimitedstorage fordocuments,videos and other resources Students can only send Students can only messages to the entire join groups, they group or directly to the cannot create teacher them
8. For the Classroom
9. Update Your Account Settings Upload a Customize photo or email or text select an notificationicon from our list Choose your privacy settings Select your School andconnect with your peers
10. Claim yourCreate Your Profile personal URLTell people about yourself Add any previous schools you have worked at
11. Create a Group1. Select Create 2. Complete group 3. Distribute code toon groups menu info group members
12. Student Sign-up Student must have group code to register Students are NOT required to give email address
13. Manage Groups View grades, reset passwords and set students to “read only” Create sub-groups within your groups Access Parent Codes, award badges and remove members
14. Badges Award Badges to encourage your students. Use pre-loaded badges or create your own.Access badges from Group Member list or Student Profile.
15. Parent Sign-up Parent must have parent code to register
16. Parents receive notifications for Parent View student grades, assignments and eventsParents can view only their own students’ grades Parents are invited to a group by each of their students’ teachers. Parents can send direct Parents can only view messages to posts by their student or teacher posts and assignments and/ or sent by a teacher (no student visibility into other students’ activity)
17. Post a MessageEmbed videos, attach files, links Select to post a note, alert, or any documents from your assignment or poll Edmodo Library collection Send a message to a group, or post direct messages to specific students or teacher connections
18. Upload, store and edit Edmodo Library content to your personal library Organize library into folders and share files Unlimited Storage,and folders with groups accessible anywhere!
19. Create an Assignment Click “Load Assignment” to easily pull up a previously given assignment View and gradeassignments as studentsturn them in
20. Grading Assignments Students can attach documents, links or embed video, avoiding paper or use of thumb drivesComments allow you to provide feedbackon assignments and students are notifiedimmediately. Students can also comment back and a permanent record is kept for reference.
21. Create a Quiz Select to create a new quiz or load a previously created one Write directions or aGive the quiz a title Set the time limit message Allow students to see their results
22. Create and Add Questions Select question type Write questionAdd questions Write answers and choices Add answer choices
23. Grading Quizzes Post quiz and automatically add scores to gradebook Sort by student View number of correct responses by question Select individual students to view their responses, andgrade short answer questions
24. Gradebook Export option allows you to transfer grades to another program Scores are updated automatically after each assignment is graded and recorded
25. CalendarFilter bygroup orview all Add class events, school events or view scheduled assignments
26. Mobile Access Get updates and notifications on the go with our mobile app available for: − iPhone/ iPod/ iPad − Android devices Access Edmodo on any mobile browser at m.edmodo.com
27. Professional Development
28. Content and Subject Area Communities Follow subject and content communities to connect and share best practices with other teachersAccess digital content to support classroom instruction
29. School and District Communities (for subdomains)Schedule school and district- wide meetings and events Encourage school and district-wide communication
30. Creating a PD Group Select “Professional Development” as Subject area and distribute group code to attendees Post discussion questions, polls and training materials
31. Best Practices for Safe Networking Encourage students to create their own accounts to ensure password safety After all students join your group, lock the group code to prevent others from joining Monitor group membership to ensure only students in your group have joined Educate students on proper online etiquette Use “Read-Only” status to curb inappropriate behavior Always log in though your subdomain If your school or district does not have a subdomain, claim one at http://www.edmodo.com/institutions
32. First Steps for Getting Started1 Complete your profile2 Create a group and invite students.3 Post class materials and initial discussion questions 4 Join a subject or content community to make connections and access material for the classroom
33. Classroom Integration and Support1 Join Weekly Edmodo Webinars: http://blog.edmodo.com/category/webinar/2 Explore resources in the Help Center: help.edmodo.com3 Ask the Edmodo Support Community: http://www.edmodo.com/community/support4 Follow http://blog.edmodo.com/ for more ways to use Edmodo in the classroom.