1. LahmacunPreparation time: 45 minutes For the topping:Resting time: 30 minutes 1 bunch parsleyCooking time: 10 minutes 1 clove garlic (optional)Difficulty: . * 8 ozl2oo g onions 1 tomatoServes 4 1 green chile 8 oz/20o g ground lamb2 tbsp flour salt ground pepperFor the base: 1 tbsp tomato paste2 cups/200 g flour 1 tbsp red pepper flakes1 tsp salt (optional)% tsp sugar1 tbsp olive oil
2. Base: Sieve the flour onto the worktop.Make a well in the center and sprinkleover the salt and sugar. Pour in the oliveoil and knead with the flour, graduallyadding % cup/200 ml water, until smooth.Wrap in a damp cloth and chill in therefrigerator for 30 minutes. w$h
3. Lightly dust the dough with flour. Usingyour hands, break off equal-sized pieces,
4. To make the topping, finely chop theparsley, garlic (if desired), and onions.Peel and finely chop the tomato. Washand finely chop the chile.
5. Place the ground tamb in a bowl. Com_bine with the parsley, garlic, onion,tomato, and chile, and seaso n with sattand pepper. Add the tomato pasfe and, ilusing, the red pepper flakes. Add 2 tbspwater, then knead with your hands untitsmooth.
6. Dust the worktop with ftour. Stighily flat_ten the dough balts with your hands, thenroll out using a roiling pin.
7. Divide the ground lamb mixture evenlybetween the circular bases, using yourhands. Bake in a preheated oven at400 "F/200 "C for about 10 minutes.Serye the lahmacun arranged on ptates.