Address: No-6, Bharthiyar Salai,
Near Junction, Trichy
• RP Sanjiv Goenka Group
• Shaswath Goenka- Youngest Chairman in Retail
• Format- Hypermarket
• Date of opening- October 2008
• 8 Stores in the South Region ( Erode, Kodaikanal,
• Choice of Location- Near Central Bus stand &
• Trading Area- 11,883 square feet
• Lucky Draw on Basmati Rice
•Offered Flight Tickets to the winners
•Points on purchase
•Discounts on Home grown products
• Distribution Centre- Manikandam location
• Frequency- ARS system(Auto Replenishment)
• Replenishment- No. of SKU based on store sq ft
• Merchandiser will fix MSF (maximum shelf fit) for every SKU based on
3 months trends
• Local Purchases- Direct Supply
– Based on margins
– Products: Desi Food(snacks), egg, milk, Floor Cleaner, Perishable
products, Smart Choice(Dishwasher) etc.
• Private Brands-
– Kept along with the other products
– Products: Spencer’s Iodised Salt, Clean Home Dishwasher, Expert Matic
Detergent Powder, Spencer’s Facial Tissues, Perfumed Floor Cleaner.
– More offers on In-house brands such as Buy 1 Get 1 Free!!!!
– Top Selling Product: Household Cleaner
• Delighted shoppers- Married Women (32-35 age
• Average Ticket size- Rs. 400
• Catchment Area- Cantonment, Junction, Kaja malai,
Thilai Nagar, srirangam.
• Differentiator- Raw Rice: Quality for Brahmins
• Sales Pattern:
– Weekdays: Less than expected
– Weekends: Huge Response
• Average Sales per SFT: Rs. 650
• Price Sensitive Market
• A+ Customers
• Mostly Family
• FSM – Biggest Competitors
– More product assortment in categories such as
Jewellery, Garments, Kid zone, Food Court.
• Out of 14, 3 stores closed before 3 months & 8
were closed recently.
• Reason- below 8000 sq ft.
• Plans: Only Hyper concentration
• No plans to open more Supermarket in Trichy