Robert Dahl: In Democratic Country, it
presupposes that people got the chance for:
1) Effective participation
2) Equality in Voting
3) Gained enlightened understanding
4) Exercising final control over the agenda and
5) As adults citizens we are included in it.
Politics in a democracy need to satisfy certain
conditions, according to Hofmeister and Garbow:
1) Politics require ideas and values that set the goals and
standards of political organization.
2) Politics require social organizations that collect
interests, aggregate and communicate them to the
political and governmental institutions.
3) Politics require institutions that collect proposal for the
organization of society, and then represent, discuss,
decide and implement them.
4) Politics require active citizens who take part in political
discussions with ideas, demands and expectations, and
actively contribute to the functioning of political