Christmas in our countries
eTwinning project plan
Alessandra Livia Inga Giuseppina
Age of the pupils: 15 - 18
Used language: English
Duration: 6 weeks (November - December)
School type: secondary school
• Presentation and discussion of similarities and
differences in celebrating Christmas.
• Pupils prepare small leaflets/videos/glogsters with the
basic information about the Christmas traditions in their
• They also exchange their favourite Christmas dish
Students publish their favourite Christmas wishes.
Students collect and share the lyrics of traditional or
popular Christmas songs
• Using power point presentation, students from partner
schools will illustrate their own christmas traditional
get acquainted with Christmas traditions in other
compare traditions from cultures different from yours;
practise a foreign language;
use ICT tools to create presentations and/or interactive
find the link between cultural context and different ways to
express feelings and emotions concerning Christmas
improve interest and respect towards cultural diversities.
students will convey feelings and emotions related to
religious celebration of Jesus Nascence's, illustrating them
with: drama, photographs, essays, Power- Point
presentation or through the Forum of section Twinspace.
1. students get to know each other using a forum on the
2. students start a blog on the Twinspace where they illustrate
how Christmas is usually celebrated in their country and in
3. students start a blog where they express their Christmas
wishes; they also produce their own Christmas wishes
4. students use a wiki on the twinspace in order to write about
Christmas in their country - traditions, usage, recipes;
5. their partners add comments to the wikis and ask questions
6. students collect all the information they get from the wikis
and prepare a video or an interactive poster - glog - in order to
illustrate what they have learnt;
7. students comment on blogs or on a forum the work they have
8. the students’ works are published on the twinspace
twinspace: forum, blog,wiki
video (Voicethread, GoAnimate);
office software: PowerPoint, Movie Maker, Publisher
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.