1. OC INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL PIACENZA, 5-23 SEPTEMBER ‘ OPEN CITY’, from landscape to exterior design pierangelo carbone – town councillor EDITION 2011
2. Joel Kotkin 2010 Middle class The Cities in the New World Order Richard Florida 2010 Creative class pierangelo carbone 1/5 For centuries we have used maps to delineate borders that have been defined by politics. But it may be time to chuck many of our notions about how humanity organizes itself. Across the world a resurgence of tribal ties is creating more complex global alliances.
3. SSSE Support policy development in relation to the aim of territorial cohesion and a harmonious development of the European territory pierangelo carbone 2/5
4. Piacenza 2011-2020 Urban projects URBAN IDENTITY Piacenza hub of complexity 1 . TEN-T infrastructures 2 . European Rivers the landscape 3 . Historical Itinerary Francigena route pierangelo carbone 3/5 C O N C E P T 1
5. Piacenza 2011-2020 Urban’s projects <ul><li>Better urban’s accessibility and mobility </li></ul>INTEGRATED INNOVATIVE ACTIONS Lisbon and Toledo declarations Urban Regeneration Program PIACENZA 2. Better research centers 3. Urban’s regeneration strategy pierangelo carbone 4/5 C O N C E P T 2
6. Take up a challange: make a solid city into liquid World pierangelo carbone 5/5 Piacenza 2020 a better place to live