How To Care For A Hamster?
1) Mohd Syazwan
1) Buying A cage.
• Make sure you purchase a habitat for the
hamster that is enough in space and suitable
for the hamster's needs.
• The hamster needs room for water, food,
toys, and an exercise wheel suitable for the
specific type of hamster that you want to
• The wheels that come with the cage are
generally too small and are not good for the
• Be sure that you have lots of toys for the
hamster to enjoy.
2) Choosing a Hamster.
• Check the animal over.
• Ask the pet store worker about the hamster.
• If you have a choice, go to the pet store later
in the day or early in the evening.
• Do your research beforehand.
3) Food and Water.
• Always have water ready and available.
• Make sure the hamster knows when it's
going to be fed.
• Regularly feed treats like twice or three times
• Spread the food around the cage and hide it
in toys and tunnels
• Don't feed the hamster most types of human
4) Maintain Your Hamster House.
• Cages should be cleaned regularly.
• Old bedding should not be reused.
• A small hamster house is necessary.
• Leave out toys and things for your furry
friend to do.
• Respect its sleeping cycle!
• Hamsters love chewy toys!
• Hamsters love fresh foods.
• Never give your hamster antibiotics made for humans these
will kill them.
• Never poke a hamster when its asleep- this will scare them
and they will bite and then hang onto your finger. Also it
may agitate them making them harder to tame.
• Female hamsters tend to be more aggressive than males.
• Don't ever bathe your hamster It will cause them an
important amount of stress and most hamsters are scared of
water. They clean themselves by licking them.