http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data/Online-Activites-Total.aspx Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/pimboula/ By PIMboula
http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data/Online-Activites-Total.aspx Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/mezdeathhead/ By Mez Love
Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3f4n/ By Stéfan http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2010/9/comScore_Releases_August_2010_U.S._Search_Engine_Rankings comScore Explicit Core Search Share Report* August 2010 vs. July 2010 Total U.S. – Home/Work/University Locations Source: comScore qSearch
Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholasjon/10039285/sizes/o/ By nicholasjon http://totalaccess.emarketer.com/Chart.aspx?R=105978&dsNav=Ro:8,N:1064 Chart Title: Time Spent per Day on the Internet According to US Consumers, Oct 2010 (% of respondents) Publication Date: January 12, 2011 Topics: Internet Usage Geographies: North America> United States Sources: The Media Audit
http://totalaccess.emarketer.com/Chart.aspx?R=105504&dsNav=Ro:9,N:1064 Chart Title: Top 5 Online Activities of US Internet Users, Ranked by Minutes Spent and Share of Time Spent Online, Nov 2010 (billions and % of total) Publication Date: January 11, 2011 Topics: Internet Usage Media Consumption Social Network Users Geographies: North America> United States Sources: The Nielsen Company
RESEARCH DATA: How B-to-B Buyers Use Search (Google Surprise, Plus 28 Tables & Charts) Feb 06, 2007 http://www.marketingsherpa.com/content/?q=node/2568
Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/tylerdurden/ By tylerdurden1 http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/07/do-not-call-list-tops-200-million-some-scammers-still-ignore-it/ http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/07/dnc.shtm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/profete/4940673783/sizes/l/ By B.Romain Source: Data from over 1,500 small businesses - http://bit.ly/XDkQV
Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/ngmmemuda/4166182931/sizes/l/ By Juliana Coutinho
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mait/3582113151/sizes/l/ By Mait Jüriado
Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/netzkobold/ http://themetricsystem.rjmetrics.com/2010/01/26/new-data-on-twitters-users-and-engagement/ RJMetrics January 26, 2010
OUTBOUND: direct mail, telemarketing and trade shows INBOUND: blogging, content publishing, search engine optimization, social media
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jliba/4389220460/sizes/l/ By Josh Liba
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandoncwarren/4164759025/sizes/l/in/faves-bonafidemarketinggenius/ By Brandon Christopher Warren
Dshah: The KeywordGrader.com points to a non-public (have to login) page. Might want to consider pointing folks to WebsiteGrader or a blog article about keywords. http://www.flickr.com/photos/feiticeira_org/4602643846/sizes/o/ by feiticeira_org
Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3f4n/ By Stéfan
Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3f4n/ By Stéfan
1. IT’S TIME TO OUR MARKETING. TRANSFORM
2. … the Internet has turned what used to be a controlled, one-way message into a real-time dialogue with millions. DANIELLE SACKS THE FUTURE OF ADVERTISING FAST COMPANY , NOVEMBER 17, 2010 “
3. of adult Americans use the Internet. 79%
4. 78% of Internet users conduct product research online.
5. SOURCE: COMSCORE, AUGUST 2010 10.3 Billion searches are conducted every month on Google.
6. SOURCE: THE MEDIA AUDIT, OCTOBER 2010 1/3 of US consumers spend three or more hours online every day.
7. SOURCE: THE NIELSEN COMPANY, NOVEMBER 2010 minutes on blogs & social networks than on email. SOCIAL NETWORKS/BLOGS ONLINE GAMES EMAIL PORTALS VIDEOS/MOVIES = 1 MINUTE US Internet users spend 3x more
8. 70% of the links search users click on are organic —not paid. SOURCE: MARKETING SHERPA, FEBRUARY 6, 2007
9. 200 Million Americans have registered on the Federal Trade Commission’s “Do Not Call” list. SOURCE: FTC, JULY 2010
10. Companies that blog get website visitors. SOURCE: HUBSPOT, 2010 55% more
11. 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog. SOURCE: HUBSPOT, 2011
12. SOURCE: HUBSPOT, 2011 67% of B2C companies and 41% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through Facebook.
13. 42% of companies have acquired a customer through Twitter. SOURCE: HUBSPOT, 2011
14. Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional, outbound marketing. AVG COST/LEAD: $143 AVG COST/LEAD: $373 OUTBOUND INBOUND SOURCE: HUBSPOT, 2011
15. We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in & be what people are interested in.” CRAIG DAVIS CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, WORLDWIDE J. WALTER THOMPSON (WORLD’S 4 TH LARGEST AD AGENCY) “ Audiences everywhere are tough. They don’t have time to be bored or brow beaten by orthodox, old-fashioned advertising.
16. Today’s approach: “ GET IN THEIR FACE” when they’re not looking. Tomorrow’s approach: “GET FOUND” when they are looking.
17. Google is our new business card.
18. This should be our new marketing mix. <ul><li>“ Permission”-based </li></ul><ul><li>Avg response rate 20-50% </li></ul><ul><li>“ Interruption”-based </li></ul><ul><li>Avg response rate: 1-5% </li></ul>
19. Make stuff people want. 1 <ul><li>START CREATING/PUBLISHING CONTENT THAT IS HELPFUL & VALUABLE TO OUR CUSTOMERS: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>FAQS </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>HOW-TO’S </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>EBOOKS </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>VIDEOS </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>BLOG! </li></ul></ul>
20. Be generous. 2 <ul><li>THE MORE WE GIVE, THE MORE WE’LL GET </li></ul><ul><li>INCREASE # OF PAGES & INBOUND LINKS </li></ul><ul><li>BUILD TRUST, CREDIBILITY, & GOOD WILL </li></ul>
21. <ul><li>GET ON PAGE 1! </li></ul><ul><li>DOUBLE TRAFFIC </li></ul><ul><li>CUT PPC SPENDING IN HALF </li></ul>Rock our keywords. 3
22. Give great directions. 4 <ul><li>CREATE RELEVANT LANDING PAGES </li></ul><ul><li>CLEAR CALLS TO ACTION </li></ul><ul><li>COMPELLING OFFERS </li></ul>
23. Invest wisely. 5 “ IF IT DON’T MAKE DOLLARS, IT DON’T MAKE SENSE.”