2. Set an annual budget and
(and stick to them!)
• How many subscriptions?
• How many advertisers
• How much advertising revenue?
• While you’re at it, set some others:
– How many new e-mail subscriptions
– How many letters to the Editor?
– How many forwards to a friend
3. Indentify what’s a project &
what’s an operation
(and resource it accordingly!)
• quot;A project is a temporary endeavor
undertaken to create a unique
product, service or result.quot;
BONUS: Get out of your
• Learn about “Web stuff”
• Take a course in anything from HTML to Web
• Try your hand at producing a multi-media
piece, or running an online marketing
• Look outside the magazine box for