1. Sharing technology for the public goodPhilip Ashlock | CivicCommons.org | OKCon July 2011
2. We help build platforms & communities to facilitatecollaborative software development & technologyreuse in the civic sector.
3. Who?Team BoardCivic Commons Code for America • Andrew Hoppin, former CIO, New York State Senate • Andrew Rasiej, Founder and CEO, Personal Democracy Forum • Beth Noveck, former US Deputy CTO; Professor, NYU Law School • Brian Behlendorf, Director, CollabNet and CTO, World Economic Forum • Bryan Sivak, Chief Innovation Ofﬁcer, State of Maryland • Carolyn Lawson, Director, eServices for the State of California • Chris Holmes, Founder and President, OpenGeo • Chris Vein, Deputy US CTO for Government Innovation; former CIO, City of San Francisco • • Text Clay Johnson, Founder and CEO, Big Window Labs David Eaves, Adjunct Professor, Centre for Digital Media • Deborah Bryant, Public Sector Communities Manager, Oregon State University Open Source Lab • Dustin Haisler, former CIO, City of Manor • Gunnar Hellekson, Co-Chair, Open Source for America and CTO, Red Hat US Public Sector • Jascha Franklin-Hodge, CTO and founding partner, Blue State Digital • Jennifer Pahlka, Founder and Executive Director, Code for America • Peter Corbett, CEO, iStrategyLabs • Ross Mayfield, VP, SlideShare; Chairman and Co-founder, Socialtext • Stacy Donohue, Government Transparency Investments Director, Omidyar Network • Tim O’Reilly, Founder and CEO, O’Reilly Media • Tom Steinberg, Founder and CEO, MySociety • Vint Cerf, VP and Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
4. www.OpenPlans.orgOpenPlans supports a more informed, participatory, and livable society byengaging communities through journalism and open source software.
5. Find opportunities for collaboration,match needs and toolsResearch & communicate best practicesBuild the legal and policy frameworkto institutionalize collaborationApply the extra effort to spark &sustain collaboration
6. Needs Tools SupportTowards an open marketplace
7. Catalog. Full catalog coming in the fall
8. wiki.civiccommons.org: Research & Best Practices
9. Support CitiesOrganizations Technologies Information Resources Communities & Ecosystems
10. Support CitiesOrganizations Technologies Information Resources Sustainable!
13. Open311A standard for real-world collaborative issue-tracking.
14. 911 for Emergency Action311 for Emergent Action
15. Reinventing the WheelDoes every city need itsown app?Boston NYC Portland Pittsburgh
16. API Distributed innovationAPI API
17. Open311.org A standard for collaborative geospatial issue-tracking.
18. Vancouver Seattle Edmonton Portland Toronto BostonSan Francisco Chicago Philadelphia New York City Baltimore Washington D.C. Miami
19. Open311 Open Sourcewiki.open311.org/Open_Source
20. San Franciscos Enterprise Addressing System (EAS)
21. IT Dashboard
22. Federal Register / Neighborhood Register
24. San Ramon “Save a Life” app
25. The Civic Network?
26. Have a Project to Open? civiccommons.org/engage Mailing List civicommons.org/discussGet Involved Wiki wiki.civicommons.org Twitter & identi.ca @civcoms