1. Donna Quinn Author and illustrator of R-evolutionan eBook that explores the wonders of the creation of the universe, theorigin of life on earth and fascinatesat one of its most unusual species… us
2. WHAT IS MY PRODUCT?My product is an illustrated eBook on the subjectof evolution and human psychology which will bewritten, designed and self-published online. It will be highly visual; I want to create the fusion of well written words alongside energetic imagery; not only to compliment but enhance what the writing is about.
3. Why an ebook? eBooks and other forms of digital print are instantly available at the touch of a button and they’re competitively priced L a s t ye a r, A ma z o n reported that sales of eBooks exceeded sales of paperbacks by almost 15% Compared to paper and ink, eBooks are inexpensive to distribute and allow easy and rapid download of new content.The sale of eBooks was131% higher inJanuary than it was aye a r e a r l i e r.
4. MY UNIQUE SELLING POINT At the moment the title of my eBook is ‘R-evolution’. I like the idea that my work will ‘revolutionise’ the way people look at themselves and the world around them.My eBook is for people who want to learnabout the subject of evolution and the humanp s y c h e i n a n e x c i t i n g w a y. M y a i m i s t o n o tonly explain how the earth and life as we knowit came to be; I want to look deeper into thewonderful species that is the human being.
5. Who will be my main competitors? Richard Dawkins Steven Pinker Daniel C. DennettAll three of these men are thetop specialists in their field,I still maintain that I have anedge on the techniques I’ve usedto make my eBook stand out fromthe rest.
6. How I propose to promote and sell my productFor any book, quality is the mostimportantCreate a compelling cover and writea riveting description of my eBookAuthor CentralSocial networks present a free wayto connect with potential readersI can create a print-on-demandversion of my eBook using ‘CreateSpace’ to ensure it will be availablein both digital and physical formatsoff of the same Amazon.com pageAmazon’s Associates program
7. How much will I charge for my eBook? I’ve looked at Amazon’s top 100 non-illustrated and illustrated books For the non illustrated top 100, there were only 15% of books priced above £5 and 51% price below £2.50 For the illustrated top 100, there were 16% priced above £5 and a massive 65% priced below £2.50 Because I’m self publishing online, there’s little cost in printing and as I’m doing all the editing and formatting myself, there’s little cost in creation
8. How will my i.p. be protected?I will be uploading my eBook as a htmldocument which Amazon converts totheir kindle content format (AZWAmazon agrees to protect my copyrighton their website.The 70:30 royalties percentageagreement includes a basic advertisingpackage.They will recommend my eBook toanyone who is browsing for books onthe subject of evolution or science.
9. Social proofing I have selected proof readers who arehelping me through the writing processand helping me write to the best of my abilities My eBook will be published online in mid August. I want to receive feedback and sales figures in time for my hand-in in September to validate the saleable value of my year’s work.
10. TARGET MARKET How many users are there? What age are they? What else do they use/read/view? How many times a day will the user use the object? What are they interested in? What will the customer get in return for his/her investment? How did they manage without your new design?
11. SURVEY RESULTS
12. The evoluTion of ideas… I have a few methods of madness that lead me through this personally uncharted territory; I read, I watch, I learn, I draw, I paint. The following slides are an insight into how I work, this is how my vision of R-evolution is unfolding…
13. Are there other forms of potential income apart from the sales of theeBook?There are many ways in which I can generate interest in the eBook andpromote merchandise associated with it at the same time. I’m currentlyresearching cheap and efficient ways to use some of my strongest illustrativedesigns and transferring them to t-shirts with quirky catchphrases, mugs, keyrings, posters. These are all fast sale products that can maximize myfinancial return for my product
14. This project has opened my eyes to the biggerpicture.I strongly believe that the worst crime we cancommit onto ourselves is to close our minds to newrevelations in science.True science and true religion are exactly the samething, so we should be brave enough to stand upand ask the big questions, and be ready for someof the big answers.
15. This is an eBook like no other, it’s the key to an exciting world ofdiscovery that might have seemed too daunting to dive into before. Let this be the new ‘Good Book’ that evolves with the times and leads people to the answers they’ve been searching for…