2. Course Overview
• Technology of Mathematics consists of starting the
beginning of the week with a group activity, and/or lab.
• Once the class, as a whole, had a full understanding of the
upcoming Numb3rs Episode, we would then start the
episode and gradually discuss every detail throughout.
• As soon as the episode was completed, a small review
session would be held right before we took the upcoming
quiz on that Numb3rs episode.
• In this episode Don has a problem. Crystal Hoyle
and her boyfriend Buck are going on a robbery and
killing spree. Their terror is spreading over seven
states, and Charlie is called in to help. However,
problems between Alan and Charlie may hinder
Charlie's concentration. With the twist of one of their
own agents being kidnapped, is there any way to
get her back?
4. 2 Daughters
• The team frantically searches for Megan after she's
been kidnapped by a spree killer. Can she talk
Crystal out of this mess even after she hears some
surprising information about Crystal? Meanwhile,
Charlie tries to figure out his relationship with Amita
as Alan makes a decision about his living
5. All’s Fair
• In an effort to find the murderer of an Iraqi woman
who had been making a documentary that
promoted the rights of Muslim women, Don enlists
the help of the victim's cousin. Through her
cousin, Don uncovers a connection to Saddam
Hussein. Back at home, Charlie rekindles a romantic
relationship with a former girlfriend when she visits
him while on a book signing tour.
6. 1st Example of Math Used
• Distance: In Spree, we found the distance
between multiple locations that could
possibly fit the given map and given points
using Google Maps, MapQuest, etc.
7. 2nd Example of Math Used
• In Scorched, we used systems of equations to
determine who exactly fit the fires. Also
known as a “fire print”. Systems of equations
can be solved by using elimination,
substitution and by graphing.
8. 3rd Example of Math Used
• In the episode Double Down, we started with
the basics of blackjack and how to actually
play. We then experienced how to actually go
about “card counting” using probability of
the next card popping up in the deck.
9. Possible Changes
• I don’t think any changes are necessary due
to the fact that a majority of the time spent is
doing hands on things and watching episodes
of Numb3rs as a class. Doing things like this
makes us learn better.