1. TITAICSIN N KS 16th April 1912 one halfpenny1,503 dead- 705 survivedThe “unsinkable” ship, THE TITANIC, hit aniceberg in mid-ocean and sank. 1,503 people arefeared dead and this caused great shock aroundthe world. Captain goesThe captain ordered that women and down with shipchildren were to get on the lifeboats first.
2. The first class menu on the Titanic was one of the biggest dinnersever to be served on a boat. This was what most the dinner menuwas on the night it sunk. First class dinner menu r.m.s. titanic FIRST COURSE Hors D’Oeuvres Oysters SECOND COURSE Consumé Olga Cream of Barley FIFTH COURSE Lamb,Mint Sauce Cream of barley Roast Ducling,Apple Sauce Sirloin of Beef ,Charteau Potatoes Green Pea Creamed Potatoes Boiled Rice Parmentier & Boiled New Potatoes TENTH COURSE Waldorf Pudding Peaches in Chartreuse Jelly Chocolate and Vanilla Eclairs Waldorf pudding French Ice cream
3. Here are a few names of the people on the Titanic and informationabout them. Mr. Albert Francis Caldwell.Mr. Albert Francis Caldwell was travelling toRoseville, Illinois, America with his wife and tenmonth old baby, Alden. The family weretravelling through Europe and at Naples theysaw a sign the hotel they were staying inadvertising the sailing of the new White StarLine ship titanic. Unable to make a reservationIn the hotel, they travelled on to London and Mr. Caldwellbought their tickets at the White Star Line office. survived Mr. Austin Partner. Mr. Austin Partner was travelling alone to Toronto, Canada. Mr. Partner had travelled to Canada 17 times. He lived with his wife and two boys, ages nine and twelve, in Surrey, England.Sadly Mr. Partner drowned
4. Mrs. Edward Ernest Nye (Elizabeth Ramell )Mrs. Ernest was travelling alone to EastOrange, New Jersey alone. She wasreturning to her home after a long visitwith her family in England where she hadmourned the death of her husband.“Lizzie”, as she was called , had sufferedthree terrible tragedies in her life. In 1902her first love has been washed off a pierand drowned , in 1906 her nine-month old Mrs. Edward Ernestbaby died and in 1911 her husband died. Nye survived.One man, Daniel Buckley, disguisedhimself as a woman to get on one of thelifeboats. He survived the disaster andsettled in Manhattan, America where heworked in a hotel. Then he got a job in thearmy in World War 1, but sadly he gotkilled in France while trying to rescue aninjured solider. Daniel Buckley survived
5. Captain Edward John Smith, the oldest captain of the company White Star line, was transferred from the Olympic to take command of the Titanic. Henry Tingle Wild also came from the Olympic to take the place of Chief Mate. The titanic’s previously assigned Chief Mate and first officer, William McMaster Murdoch and Charles Lightoller, were bumped down to ranks of B First and Second Officer respectfully. Captain Edward SmithWilliam McMaster CharlesMurdoch Lightoller Henry Tingle Wilde
6. Facts about the Titanic• The Titanic has two sister ships called The Britannic and the Olympic.• A first class ticket cost €200 back then but now it would cost about €40,000.• The Titanic struck an iceberg at 11:40 am on April 14th, 1912 and didn’t sink until two and a half hours later.• The Titanic sank 12,500 feet below sea level.• The wreck of the Titanic was found on the 1st September, 1985.
7. Facts about the lifeboats Not only were there not enough lifeboats to save everyone on board, most of lifeboats that were launched off the Titanic were not filled up with people. For instance, the first lifeboat to launch, 7 boats from the starboard side only carried 24 people, although it could hold up to 65 passengers. However it was lifeboat 1 that carried the fewest people- only 7 crew and 5 passengers got on despite having the capacity to carry 40.
8. Mummy’s Curse, Did you know?A man by the name of William. T Steadmanaged to smuggle a mummy calledIkhnaton on board the Titanic. It wasknown to curse the person who ownedit. It was rumoured that it had in factsank the Titanic. Iceberg!Typically, about one-tenth of aniceberg is above water level withthe rest of it hidden below. Thismakes icebergs hard to see,especially when rough waveshide the upper part, this mayhave happened on the Titanicvoyage.
9. Music on TitanicThe Titanic had two groupsof musicians: a five-personband who played concertsand a trio who played in areception room outside thefirst- class restaurant. Thebandleader, Wallace Hartleygathered the two groupstogether to calm thepassengers by playing as theship went down. All eightmusicians lost their lives inthe disaster.
10. Building the titanicConstruction took place at the Harlandand Wolff shipyard in Belfast, Ireland.It took three years to build and tookaround 3,000 workers. Harland & Wolff were the company that built the Titanic and was owned by J.P Morgan of White Star Line. It cost $7.5 million to build and was the most luxurious ship of its time.
11. Thank you for readingour project. We hope youhad a Titanic time =).=) By Jack F., Alex K. and Zofia F. (=