Now Showing: The Makeover
From MOBI to Daily
*Starring: MOBI & Daily, and their multiple avatars in between
Once upon a time there was the MOBI Family. Each member
of the family was distinct and came in a particular shade.
This family was colourful with petite members.
Times started changing. The MOBI family had to pull up their
socks to race in the new times of modernity and competition.
They had to adopt to a new identity, an identity that would
confirm their new ideology of making every day simpler and
better. Thus was born Daily. And thus began a journey of
the ultimate image makeover phase – From MOBI to Daily.
“The Makeover” encapsulates how MOBI slowly but steadily
underwent this transition!
Lessons from ATTEMPT 1
1. A simple logo change was done from MOBI to Daily
without much change in the other creative aspects
2. This could be better and hence the next attempt
emphasized on adding creative elements
Lessons from ATTEMPT 2
1. The second attempt saw two options where it was tried
to make the layout spacious as well as attractive
2. Lots of circles and curves added an “edge” to this
3. But the comfort zone had to be pushed. There was
something better and exciting waiting around the corner.
How about adding a human touch?
Lessons from ATTEMPT 3
1. Though the envelope was pushed, it was not yet for
2. The use of visual elements would not be as visible as
desired in the highly cluttered retail stores
3. Also, using claymation or real images increased the cost
of presentation and hence the use of any new
characters was a no-no in this journey
Lessons from ATTEMPT 4
1. If images don’t work, then will large fonts work – this
2. The large fonts looked cluttered and did no service for
good looks of the package
2. For the first time, the makers had a vision that instead
of using large fonts or images, why not position the
package itself as the communication tool!
3. We all belong to one family so let’s have one common
colour for unity and high visibility wherever we are
Lessons from ATTEMPT 5
1. In the new spirit of unity, the colour duo of black and
yellow where chosen which has rarely been seen earlier
2. However, the black did not give a rich or sophisticated
feel to the family
3. The rise of the red: Colour red makes its debut and
is an instant hit. It was decided to explore this
vibrant, rich and passionate colour more!
Lessons from ATTEMPT 6
1. Though real images were given a second chance this time,
even the lively red couldn’t salvage them
2. Earlier and all this while, the family has remained petite
3. Outside in the world, AppsDaily’s competitor Quickheal
enjoyed good space and command with its size
4. The family thought why remain small when we are
competing with bigger things
5. Not just that, an increasing need of making the makeover
look classy and premium was being felt
Lessons from ATTEMPT 7
1. The big boys are ready to take on the world!
2. More and more red was explored but somewhere it
didn’t give a premium feel to the family
3. The dash of grey which eventually turned white
proved that it makes them all look rich and
complements the brightness of the red
4. They could see the happy result coming, red and white
were here to stay!
Lessons from ATTEMPTS 8-10
1. Finally, the AppsDaily family found a direction and
they continued there improving at every step
2. It was decided that the family will remain united by
the red and white colour while still retaining their
individual identities with a specific colour for each
3. The quality new look would be characterised by avoiding
clutter and highlighting important points
4. The aim of having a premium look and high visibility
was met after months of hard work!
5. From here on, there were simply hygiene improvements.
The new look of AppsDaily was born
This is it! After months of ideation and hard work, the
AppsDaily family has finally arrived with its new look ready to
take on the world.
AppsDaily family aims to grow with the times and is open to
any change that can make every day better!