About The Roanoke Region of Virginia is a premier spot for outdoor recreation. The Roanoke Regional Partnership is creating RoanokeOutside.com to highlight the region‘s phenomenal outdoor amenities and opportunities.
Outdoor Recreation Highlights in the Roanoke Region of Virginia
* The most visited National Park in the U.S. – the Blue Ridge Parkway
* The longest footpath in the U.S. – the Appalachian Trail
* The 2nd largest municipal park in the U.S. – Carvins Cove Natural Reserve
* Four State Parks – Douthat, Smith Mountain Lake, Claytor Lake, & New River Trail
* Smith Mountain Lake and Lake Moomaw are ideal for boating and fishing
* Over 140 miles of