View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
According to new findings from video ad provider TubeMogul, people are more likely to click on
ads while watching video on smartphones and tablets than on the desktop. Additional findings
– Click-through rates for pre-roll ads shown on mobile devices were 4.9%, on average, compared to 0.6% on
– Ad viewing among iPhone users peaked from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., while Android phone users increased at
night, watching ads mainly during prime-time hours.
– Most mobile video ads viewing takes place late in the week, with nearly half (49%) of ads watched between
Thursday and Saturday. The peak is Thursday, when 17% of views take place, followed closely by
Saturday, at 16.7%.
Samsung on Wednesday unveiled the “Galaxy Gear,” a smartwatch with a small screen offering
basic functions like photos, hands-free calls and instant messaging, aimed to work as an
accessory to its Galaxy smartphones.
Mobile Trends (Cont.)
Mobile devices are expected to contribute to strong US e-commerce sales growth this holiday
season, according to eMarketer’s latest holiday estimates. eMarketer’s estimates include:
– Retail e-commerce sales will be $61.8 billion for the holiday
season-defined as November and December.
– 16% of all retail ecommerce sales for 2013 will come from
tablets and smartphones.
– Retail sales made on smartphones will total $14.59 billion, and
that figure will more than double to $30.66 billion by 2017.
– In total, eMarketer predicts retail m-commerce sales will reach
$41.68 billion this year and by 2017, retail sales made on
mobile devices will climb to well over $100 billion.