A new survey conducted by IPSOS on behalf of Google underscores the critical role of calls in the
mobile path to purchase. Survey findings include:
– 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from search results.
– Google ads drive over 40 million calls each month.
– Nearly half (47%) of mobile search users said they would “explore other brands” if they didn’t quickly find
– Calling is most important during the research and purchase phases, where 52% and 61% of mobile
searchers respectively say it’s important to have the ability to call.
Mobile Trends (cont.)
A new study from Millward Brown reports that nearly half of mobile users will share location
information for relevant offers. Study highlights include:
– 73% of respondents said they’d received texts or other “push” messages from companies; 68% said it was
– 88% of respondents wanted to opt-in before being contacted.
– 80% said that downloading an app made them open to receiving location-based push messages from that
Rent the Runway, the site that has been leasing designer dresses to women at a fraction of retail
price since 2009, launched its first mobile app yesterday. The app features include:
– One feature called Dress Match, lets users take a photograph of a dress or color swatch they like and
identifies the same dress or similar styles available to rent.
– Another feature, Shortlist, gives users the option to create thematic lists and add dresses to them for later.
– Rent the Runway will be continuing its mobile push with the roll-out of an entirely new mobile site next
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.