2. Mobile Trends
A new eMarketer report stresses the importance of understanding how your shoppers are using
multiple devices at the same time. Report highlights include:
– eMarketer projects that 52.6% of US internet users—128
million individuals—will use a tablet at least once a month
this year, and 57% of tablet users also use a smartphone.
– By 2017, the number of dual tablet/smartphone users will
top 126 million and represent nearly 80% of all tablet
users—almost half of US internet users.
– 90% of tablet owners polled in May 2012 report they
simultaneously used their tablet while doing other
activities, like eating a meal, getting dressed, exercising and
while using other digital devices. 63% said they used the
two devices together.
Mobile Trends (cont.)
According to a new study from TNS, wearable computing devices may be considered cool, but
not many are interested in using them. Study findings include:
– More than half (55%) said they thought wearable devices would be too expensive.
– 24% think they already have too many devices.
– Nearly a third (31%), said they were worried about privacy.
YouTube announced they are launching a new feature on YouTube’s mobile apps that will allow
users to watch videos offline for up to 48 hours. This feature would come in handy during
commutes or other moments when an Internet connection is unavailable.
Google has added new updates to its mobile wallet app.
– App users can now store loyalty cards and access offers and discounts from merchants who run offers
through such Google programs as Google Maps, Google Search or Google+. They also can view all Google
Wallet activity and send money to others within the app.