2. Mobile Trends
Apple introduced its new iPhone 5S and 5C this week at a special event at the company's
headquarters. Top highlights of each include:
– The 5C will be available in five colors -- white, pink, yellow, blue and green -- and boasts many of the same
features as the iPhone 5.
– The 5S will receive upgrades to the camera, a faster A7 processor with M7 coprocessor, and the option to
unlock your phone or make iTunes purchases with a fingerprint identity sensor.
Facebook’s test of trending topics to promote usage of its hashtags feature on desktops is now
available on mobile devices.
Mobile Trends (cont.)
Yahoo launched a new mobile application on Monday called “Yahoo Screen,” designed for Apple iOS
devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
– The app is meant to serve as a mobile home for Yahoo’s own media content and that from its content partners (i.e.
ABC News), and offers up a simple, swipeable interface for browsing through the various programs.
– The app allows users to browse through trending clips, search for specific shows, and includes gesture-based
A new mobile payment and loyalty platform, Yoyo, announced it has raised $1.2 million in a seed round
to launch a new platform design. They plan to target high-volume, low-value transaction retailers.
– The platform design is set to create, “a faster, simpler way to buy goods, via a mobile app, which also combines
with an automatic loyalty point collection system.”
– Yoyo integrates at the point of sale to provide information and intelligence around the buying habits of its
– Watch a video on this by clicking here.