Mobile advertising company NativeX is unveiling new ‘psychographic’ targeting for mobile ads, described as “the most
precise demographic targeting technology to date.” Details include:
– The technology uses hundreds of thousands of attributes — not just device type and location but also
age, income, gender, ethnicity, education, and more. Advertisers should be able to reach the exact type of user that they’re looking
for, whether it’s “a 20-year-old undergrad who likes to gamble” or “a working mom with two kids”.
– The company also collects app demographic data through anonymous user surveys. In early tests, the targeting led to a 500 to 600 percent
increase in eCPMs.
Google announced new guidelines and an updated PageSpeed Insights tool to help webmasters optimize their mobile
pages for best rendering performance. In short, the goal is to make the mobile Web faster by prioritizing how content
– Today’s average mobile page typically takes more than 7 seconds to load, according to Google’s own Analytics data. Performance on mobile
continues to improve, but not very quickly and there’s still a long way to go:
Mobile Trends (Cont.)
Wedding gown retailer and manufacturer Alfred Angelo launched a new mobile app which poses interesting ideas for
marketing during wedding season.
– The app lets brides share images of the gowns they’ve tried on and the items they browsed in stores with their wedding parties. The app
features what it calls “magic mirrors” that sync up to a bride’s smartphone so that she can send friends a photo or video of her modeling a
SnapMyAd rewards users for taking pictures.
– SnapMyAd is a free iOS app that does just that. User can log into their Instagram accounts and drag photos into the app where other users can
vote on them and determine whether or not a picture is worthy enough to be deemed the winner.
– Currently, the prizes are limited to free magazine subscriptions, coffee and Amazon gift cards, but there is potential to expand the variety of
offers that are given. This platform presents a great opportunity for companies to not only interact with their users but to reward them for
being brand ambassadors.