Responsive Pros Content authoring easy. Most of the devices are covered $$ Cons Pain to make it pixel perfect New device sizes and resolutions can throw off the design. Device Channels Pros Can target specific devices (rather, user agents) Provider different user experiences to users depending on what device they use. Cons $$ (It depends) Authoring experience can vary. Content duplication. Hybrid Pros Best of both worlds. Not all pages need to have device specific content. Cons Initial investment might be higher.
Managed Metadata based navigation:Catalogs based navigation can be very powerful. But it can quickly get tricky.Primer on catalogs based navigation.Define a listDefine a column which drives navigation.Custom Control to render the menuNested menu items.Term properties
Considerations and Architecture Options
• Search Results Web Part
– Trim Duplicates
– Rank cannot be based on queried values.
• E.g. Boost if Page Field x contains “Queried value”
– Responsive can get expensive based on how pixel perfect you
need the design to be.
– Device channels need customizations to support web parts zones.
– Catalog based navigation has some issues when there are multiple