2. Surf Lifesavers in Australia are the most recognised for the patrolling volunteers wearing the familiar red and yellow uniforms. The beach-going public knows the value of the service and appreciates the peace of mind these men and women provide for them whenever they visit the beach. A partnership with BMD Northcliffe SLSC that is exciting, engaging and high profile……with a social community conscience. An Australian Icon - Surf Life Saving An Ideal Partner in Protecting the Community
3. The Surf Club was named after an English press baron - Lord Northcliffe in 1917, the father of modern journalism On the 1st February 1947, six young men formally founded the Northcliffe Surf Life Saving Club. BMD Northcliffe is the most dominant Surf Life Saving Club in Australia, boasting an expanding membership base, world and national champions, an enthusiastic Nipper program, significant involvement in community activities and contributing everyday of the week to the preservation of human life on the beaches of the Gold Coast. BMD Northcliffe Surf Club has won the Australian Champion Club title 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 ! BRIEF HISTORY
4. <ul><li>BMD Northcliffe Surf Club is equally as dominant in it’s representation of key business and political leaders, sporting greats and media - a cross section of these very influential people are; </li></ul><ul><li>In Commerce: </li></ul><ul><li>Terry Jackman - Terry Jackman is one of Queensland's leading business identities and has been an influential figure in the growth of the State's tourism industry – Club Patron (1995 – current) </li></ul><ul><li>Steven Ciobo – Gold Coast Liberal Party Representative in Canberra – Federal Member for Moncrieff </li></ul><ul><li>Bruce Mathieson – Prominent Businessman in the Hospitality industry </li></ul><ul><li>Suzie Douglas – Local Gold Coast City Council representative </li></ul><ul><li>Mick Power – Managing Director BMD </li></ul><ul><li>Sporting Greats; </li></ul><ul><li>Paul Broughton – Chairman Gold Coast Titans NRL team </li></ul><ul><li>Joe Bugner – Former Heavyweight Boxing Champion </li></ul><ul><li>Benji Marshal – International Rugby League Star </li></ul><ul><li>In Media; </li></ul><ul><li>Luke Bradnam – 102.9 Hot Tomato Breakfast Radio Host </li></ul><ul><li>Ashley Bradnam – Nova FM Breakfast Radio Host </li></ul><ul><li>Shelly Craft - Nine Network life stlye show, Domestic Blitz . </li></ul><ul><li>Graham Callaghan – The Gold Coast Bulletin </li></ul><ul><li>Rohan Walsh – Channel 7 </li></ul>
5. ALL STAR HOSPITALITY BMD Northcliffe Surf Club is a very social club, there are currently 1300 financial members and 8000 supporters club members. Clubs Queensland Achievement Awards being named the Best Surf Life Saving Supporters Club and Best Bistro in Queensland. The success is not new to the Supporters club after taking out the 2007 Regional Restaurant and Catering Award for Best Casual Dining and then going on to take out the State Restaurant and Catering Award in the same category.
6. TODAY'S STARS Zane Holmes Shannon Eckstein Pierce Leonard Nick Crilly Kristy Harris Elizabeth Pluimers Iron Man & Women Future Stars Nipper Program
7. MISSION STATEMENT Surf Boats at BMD Northcliffe - to market and promote the greatest and most spectacular surf life saving category “SURF BOATS”, and to ensure BMD Northcliffe Boat Crew competitors display the true grit of surf rowing against the ocean elements, to excel and entertain in a surf rowing arena for our sponsors and supporters. A Star Attraction
8. BOAT CREW TEAM SPONSOR The largest participating surf sport in surf lifesaving is Surf Boat racing, a wonderful sporting spectacle that enjoys a high profile summer image, a true Aussie icon. The sport attracts both adult male and female competitors in all States around Australia and is enjoying a strong resurgence in all surf clubs,
9. TEAM SPONSOR <ul><li>In readiness for the 2009 - 2010 competition summer season 2 new surf boats will be purchased and </li></ul><ul><li>prepared in “silver” race livery, with the “TEAM SPONSOR” logo positioned on the rear quarters of </li></ul><ul><li>all surf boats, both sides. </li></ul><ul><li>The BMD Northcliffe crews will be known as “TEAM SPONSOR” </li></ul><ul><li>- Team “Sponsor” Surf Boats (x 3) will have polished finish silver hulls - identical livery with sponsors logo positioned on all boats, both sides (only point of difference “bow” sponsors) </li></ul><ul><li>Team “Sponsor” Surf Boat Crews (based Gold Coast & Brisbane) 34 x Surf Rowers (Male & Female – covering Open Men, Reserve Grade, Open Women, Under 23 Men, Under 23 Women & Under 19) </li></ul><ul><li>- Team “Sponsor” Surf Boats will become “Traveling Billboards” with daily travel around Gold Coast from Currumbin – Coomera, Brisbane – Gold Coast, Interstate - Gold Coast – Sydney x 4, and Australian Titles in Perth. </li></ul><ul><li>Team “Sponsor” Surf Boat “Training Venues” 5 Days per week training based at, Northcliffe (Surfers Paradise), Currumbin Creek, Broadbeach, Coomera & Manly Yacht Club. </li></ul><ul><li>- Team “sponsor” Surf Boat Crew “Apparel” includes, rowing singlet, polo, t/shirt, travel bag & cap – sponsors logo “featured as principle sponsor” on all items of clothing. </li></ul>SPONSOR
10. IN SUMMARY To the public, our Team “Sponsor” brand name will not only become synonymous with BMD Northcliffe Surf Club and their Surf Boat Crews, its the long term brand awareness that will be seen by the community showcasing valued support of Surf Life Saving here on the Gold Coast and Australia. We at BMD Northcliffe will always focus on a long-term partnership and know that by exceeding our expectations we can go a long way towards reaching mutual goals.