The Chicago Housing Authority has unique requirements that don't fit the traditional CRM mold. With the direction of Model Metrics, we were able to easily tailor Salesforce to our needs, including implementing a complex security model that met the needs of our users and partners while protecting the sensitive information stored in the system.
- Force.com includes built in reporting and dashboards for your users to create snapshots of the business. - Application users, not just administrators, can set up and manage them on their own. - Of course, all data sharing rules are enforced so each user can only access information they’ve been given access to.
- There are over 750 apps on the Force.com AppExchange. - You can find everything from native Force.com applications for accounting, recruiting and asset management to - Salesforce CRM extensions for email marketing, pricing and quoting tools.
1. Force.com and 7 things that will make your business love your developers again Xabier Ormazabal Senior Manager, Product Marketing 8
2. Safe harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This presentation may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions proves incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking, including any projections of subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statements regarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgraded services or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services. The risks and uncertainties referred to above include – but are not limited to – risks associated with developing and delivering new functionality for our service, our new business model, our past operating losses, possible fluctuations in our operating results and rate of growth, interruptions or delays in our Web hosting, breach of our security measures, the immature market in which we operate, our relatively limited operating history, our ability to expand, retain, and motivate our employees and manage our growth, new releases of our service and successful customer deployment, our limited history reselling non-salesforce.com products, and utilization and selling to larger enterprise customers. Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of salesforce.com, inc. is included in our annual report on Form 10-K filed and our quarterly report for the most recent fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2008. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of our Web site. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make the purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
3. Too Expensive Upgrade Integrations Upgrade Software Performance Tuning Patching Install Software Set Up Environments 1 2 3 4 5 6 Too Complicated Too Slow
4. Open your browser… and we take care of the rest. build your apps… Network Storage Operating System Database App Server Web Server Data Center Security Sharing Integration Customization Web Services API Multi-Language Authentication Availability Monitoring Patch Mgmt Upgrades Backup NOC
5. Unlimited Custom Objects & Fields Build any Table Add any Field Build any Relationship Automatic Audit History Tracking Automatic Performance Tuning 15,000,000+ Customer Customizations 530,000+ Custom Objects (Tables) Easy, Real-Time Customization for Managing All Your Data Unlimited Real-Time Customization
6. Field, Object and Record-Level Control Sharing Across CRM and Custom Apps Point and Click Permissions Custom Sharing Rules Across Roles, Profiles, and Channels Integrated with API, Reporting & Search Integrated With Single Sign-on Flexible Data Sharing with Point-and-Click Rules Granular Security & Sharing
7. The Conversation Starts Here. Profiles Status Updates Groups Document Sharing Application Updates Feeds Security & Sharing Model API - Facebook & Twitter integration API - ecosystem Intuitive, easy to use Social Networking metaphor
8. Write Once Run Everywhere Avoid the hassle of developing apps across multiple devices Run your mobile and desktop apps on one platform Real-Time app deployment Available for all major device platforms Works seamlessly online or offline Real-Time Mobile Deployment
9. 3. Process Management Visual Process Manager Business Process Applications Quickly Automate Any Business Process Easy visual process design tool Instantly runs in the cloud
10. Real-Time Visibility with Easy to Create Reports Customizable by Business Users Real-Time Reporting Integrated Analytics Across All Apps Security Controls Mobile Access Email Dashboard Delivery Real-Time Updates Real-Time Updates Real-Time Analytics
11. Lower Costs & Increase Speed of Development Deploy Your Apps Instantly to the Web Connect Your Apps with Your Website Collect CRM Data from the Web 1,600+ Developer Sites Real-Time Web Sites
12. Integrated with Force.com Apps Tagging, Ratings, & Comments Subscriptions Full Text Search Complete Security and Sharing Assemble & Publish Content Track & Analyze Content Usage Share the Best Content Across Your Company Integrated Content Library
13. 7. Knowledge base Multi-tenant platform Serves every channel Completely integrated Automatically upgraded ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ <ul><li>Hugh McKellar </li></ul><ul><li>Editor in Chief, KMWorld </li></ul><ul><li>100 Companies that Matter, 2009 </li></ul>
14. Programmatic Business Logic Complex Transactional Logic Stored Procedures Triggers Data Validation Fast Application Development without the Cost of Infrastructure 45,000,000+ Lines of Apex Code 8. Programmable Cloud Logic
15. Create Any User Interface Use Code to Create Any Page Use Clicks to Create New Forms Componentized Interface Create Interfaces for Mobile Devices 312,000+ Custom User Interfaces Maximize User Productivity with the Right UI 8. Programmable User Interface
16. Programmatic Business Logic Complex Transactional Logic Stored Procedures Triggers Data Validation Fast Application Development without the Cost of Infrastructure 8. Programmable Cloud Logic
17. 7. Integration – AppExchange: 800+ Applications Your Choice of 800+ Partner Applications Trusted Native Apps Reviewed by Salesforce.com View, Try, Install Built on Force.com Best-in-class CRM & Non-CRM Apps 800+ Apps 200+ Native Apps 8. 800+ Integrated Applications