1. An Ad Campaign on Brand
2. India's largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company
with a heritage of over 75 years in India and touches the
lives of two out of three Indians.
HUL works to create a better future every day and
helps people feel good, look good and get more out of
life with brands and services that are good for them and
good for others.
3. Product line of Hindustan Unilever Limited
4. PRODUCT LINE OF HUL
1. Personal care
Soaps Shampoos Toothpaste Beauty range
Lux Sunsilk Pepsodent Lakme
Lifebuoy Clinic plus Close up Fair & Lovely
Breeze Clinic All clear Lux body wash
Liril Tresemme Vaseline cream &
Rexona Dove Ponds
2.Food & Drink 3.Home care 4.Water purifiers
Kwality ice cream Surf excel Pure it
Knorr soups & noodles Wheel
Kissan jams & ketchup Vim dishwash
Red label tea Ala
6. HISTORY OF SURF EXCEL
• In 1959 – Introduced surf with the promise of “superlative
witness". Became the first national detergent brand to be advertised
• In 1990- surf ultra was launched to establish a new standard of
• In 1996- surf was redefined into surf excel, which offered three C‟s-
complete, cleaning and care.
• In 2003- surf excel quick wash was launched as an eco-friendly
product as it saved two buckets of water.
• In 2005- surf excel matic was introduced to satisfy the needs of fast
growing washing machines users.
7. •“Ziddi se ziddi
• “Daag ache
Positioning of Surf Excel
9. Creative strategy for “DAAG ACHE HAIN”
• Informational appeal from earlier days of lalita ji
• Comparison of white shirt and yellow shirt
Breaking the cliché
• Says it‟s ok to soil your clothes for good cause
• Known for newness and simplicity
• Emotional connect with audience
• Focus centered around people rather than product
• Came up with “forgiveness campaign”
• It has increased the brand recall value
10. Market Positioning of Different
Surf Excel Products
quality of surf in
local and cheap
1 kg local surf = ½ kg
11. Surf Excel Easy Wash:
“ Power of ten hands”
It is made up with superior
technology Which makes
the powder superfine and
fluffy so that it dissolves
Unleashes the power of ten
Previously positioned as
surf excel blue
12. Surf Excel Quick Wash:
Cleaning power of X-tra clean
particles in your powder.
“Remove multiple stains
with one product”
X-Tra clean particles like
blue, bleach and lemon.
Remove various stains like
curry, mud, pickle, grease
13. Surf Excel Bar:
“Ab char ki shakti ek bar
14. Surf Excel Matic:
It contains a unique a „Low
Foam‟ formula that
removes stains without
generating excess foam
which may cause damage
to your front load machine.
Now your machine will
remain happy and so will
“Removes stains without
Safety of washing machines
15. Surf excel liquid wash:
This new liquid detergent is two
times better at stain removal
than detergent powder.
“Yaaron ka yaar‟‟
Tip ,tap, drop ,aur gholo
16. Surf excel gentle wash :-
“Special care for your delicate clothes.”
17. Media strategy(traditional)
Billboards and posters.
Various categories of communication systems like broadcasting, print
media etc are used by surf excel.
In the print media , such as newspapers, magazines, direct mails, outdoors etc
In broadcasting media, television and radio are major tools.
The frequency of ads is higher during time slots of 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 9:00
pm to 11:00 pm.
Word of mouth publicity.
18. Media strategy (non- traditional)
Title sponsors of TV shows (surf excel little masters).
Surf excel has it‟s own you tube channel where children share their “DIRT IS
GOOD “ experiences.
Surf excel tied up the movie “chillar movie”
19. Organizes various competitions , eg world‟s largest hand printing
competition- lucky winner to get a washing machine.
Online promotion strategies – www.surfexcel.in
“surf excel and you” suggesting mother‟s to encourage active
learning in their children.
Social media marketing
through facebook –”santa
20. SWOT Analysis
 Enjoying economies of scale
 Goodwill in the market
 Surf has become the generic
name in detergents
 Well known brand image
 Strong distribution channel
 Brand innovation and
 Substitute goods
 High Prices
 Low prices of other
detergents in market
 Rapid market growth
 Changing customer
needs and wants as
life style changes
 Creating relationship
with society by social
 Low profit margins
 New competitors in market
 High taxes
 Introduction of local
22. „daag ache hain‟ why…?
23. Project „Mamma Mia‟
Surf Excel wanted to explore mums‟ instinctive understanding of
values more deeply, so we spoke with 240+ mothers, 20
Grandmothers and 5 Great Grandmothers across 10 locations
around the world .Some of the findings are as follows:
-Values are integral to each and every person.
 mother driven values (non –negotiable)
Child & mother driven values(encouraged)
Child driven values(secondary)
- Regardless of social and cultural differences, mums
globally see the responsibility of instilling values as their
24. Our step towards Environment
World Environmental Day: Help your
Child Understand the Importance of Clean
How to Help Tackle India‟s Water
Pollution Problem at Home
World Earth Day Contest – Recycle
your Surf Excel Matic Box
26. Our Promotional Activity…
28. PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
29. MEDIA PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
PRODUCT MEDIA CHANNAL cost of
Surf Excel Print(Dainik
Surf Excel Electronic(sony,
10lack*30 3 crore
Surf Excel Internet (social
Per day /one