2. National Technology Plan – 5 Goals District Technology Plan District Purpose District Benefits District Goals
3. “Technology is only a wise investment if itchanges something about the way studentslearn, opens new doors and possibilities,and/or helps engage them in their learningexperiences” (Tschirgi, p.1)
4. National Technology Goals by 20141. Fundamentally change the learning process2. Use technology in the second generation of assessments3. Connect teachers with their peers4. To build an infrastructure that allows us to support access in and out of school5. Harness the power of technology to help schools to become more productive, to accelerate student achievement faster than ever before
5. District Technology Plan - Purpose To participate in the fast-changing global community, EPISD will give students, educators, and stakeholders access to information, which allows for the effective integration of technology into the learning process. Envision a community, which promotes the transition of information into knowledge and the development of questioning learners.
6. District Technology Plan - Benefits Students can expect higher performance and deeper engagement in academic endeavors by accessing and creating resources available through a variety of modalities appropriate to diverse learning styles. Parents can expect not only to participate more directly in their children’s education but also to improve their own knowledge as parents and citizens. Educators and teachers can expect to be supported in the creation and implementation of instructional strategies by having access to a wider variety of resources.
7. District Technology Plan - Benefits Administrators can expect to be more informed and to manage campus decision-making more efficiently through timely access and analysis of information in support of school operations. Stakeholders can look forward to the opportunity to participate in the educational process.
8. District Technology Plan - GoalsGoal 1: To improve teaching and learning through the use of technology.Goal 2: To improve educator preparation and development through the use oftechnology.Goal 3: To improve administration and support services through the use oftechnologyGoal 4: To improve infrastructure for technologyGoal 5: To improve community outreach
9. District Technology Plan – Goal 1 To improve teaching and learning through the use of technology Teachers will integrate the technology application TEKS and ISTE NETS into teaching and learning at all grade levels in order to help students become active participants through the use of technology To help students become active learners through the use of appropriate technologies To expand curricular and instructional content and offerings through the use of technology to meet the diverse and personal learning needs of all students within and beyond the classroom District will use digital tools to monitor student progress towards mastering the instructional objectives.
10. District Technology Plan – Goal 2 To improve educator preparation and development through the use of technology. To provide professional development for all district employees to further the effective use of technology. To structure professional development opportunities to meet the wide range of needs and levels of technology understanding of all stakeholders.
11. District Technology Plan – Goal 3 To improve administration and support services through the use of technology The District will make information available online to students, parents, staff and to the community. The District will provide technical support to central and site-based personnel
12. District Technology Plan – Goal 4 To Improve infrastructure for technology To promote the integration of technology in instruction by providing connectivity To provide equipment and connectivity to work stations and all instructional areas
13. District Technology Plan – Goal 5 To improve community outreach and involvement To use technology to provide District information to the community
14. ReferencesArne Duncan Talks about the 2010 National Ed Tech Plan:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0PctTd_plEEl Paso Independent School District. Strategic Action Plan for Technology inEducation 2008-2011. Retrieved on May 8, 2012, fromhttp://www.episd.org/_district/docs/Tech_Plan_2008_2011.pdfTschirgi, D. (nd). What is the sustainable classroom? Educational TechnologySupport Center. Retrieved on November 17, 2009,from http://www.esd112.org/edtech/sustainableclass.cfm